Sunday, September 7, 2008

Garmin Handlebar Mounting Unit for GPS 60 Series

Garmin Handlebar Mounting Unit for GPS 60 Series

Holds GPS securely. Won't fit well on large diameter handlebars

First, mounting was tricky as the unit will not fit larger diameter handlebars very well at all. I did not end up with the position of the GPS that I wanted, but it's close enough. As for securely mounting the GPS? I've riden several hundred miles since installing it without incident. This includes a 17 MPH body slam (@#!$ wet railroad tracks!) that left me looking at my front wheel with sky in the background (pain starts here)but the GPS still securely in it's mount. I can see from the construction of the mount that there are weak areas that may be a problem down the road. Also, getting GPS in and out of the mount with one hand is a trick. All told, a good value.

Ok product

Nice original Garmin product. The rubber spacers that came with the unit are useless, the 2mm is too thin and the 5mm is too thick, leaving me with a unit that will not stay in place on my ATV. Once I improvise, I fear that my results in the field will be the same as already reported... needing extra reinforcememt to keep it in place.

Excellent mount for Mountain Bike

This mount works great to utilize our GPS units while mountain biking. Mount stays steady and holds GPS great. Great mount for the price.

Garmin GPS 60CS Handlebar Mount

I have purchased 5 of these items and they break after 5-6 months of street riding. I'm glad I had the fore thought of using the GPS strap to secure the unit to my handlebar or the GPS would have bounced on the concrete street. I really enjoy the GPS unit and the handlebar mount is a great idea --- I only wish it would not break for no reason!

Motorcycle GPS holder.

I've used my GPS while on my cycle, and it's really quite a dangerous challenge. Try to hold the GPS and steer, shift, brake, turn...all with one hand. This holder, which I just received, looks like the answer to a real need. It will attach my GPS to the handlebar where I can see it as I ride, and allow me to remove it with a press of a button. The base of the holder stays on the bike, and is so small as to not even be noticed by passers-by.



Keyword : bikes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this very interesting post
motorcycle gps mount