Monday, April 6, 2009

Magellan Maestro 3250 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

Magellan Maestro 3250 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

POOR SUPPORT

Magellan will NOT support these refurbished units. This item comes with EXTREMELY OLD maps and software installed and Magellan wants you to pay $80 to upgrade it to the latest version. If this unit was factory refurbished, why doesn't it have the latest software? This unit goes back to Amazon.

Maestro

Maps need updating for additional fee, check Magellan's website. They do support what they sell...

Nice device but old maps. Awful Costumer service.

I bought this device and noticed that it doesn't have the maps of US continental states. I called the costumer service and they told me they would replace the item. they asked me to wait 5 business days for the new device to be delivered and then send the defective one back. But after more than a week I haven't received anything so I called them and they told me I should have sent the defective item first! I complained about what I was told before and they didn't have anything to offer to me but a simple apologies. I sent it back to Amazon and ordered another one which would give me faster access to the new device. The second item worked perfectly although the maps are two versions(years) outdated. So buy this item if you don't care about the old maps or you already have new ones. And if you received defective item return it to Amazon and don't bother calling the costumer service.

Great in USA and PR

I purchased this GPS because I want to use it when I visit Puerto Rico which I did last x-mast and it worked great. The map in the refurbished unit is the 2006 version. To update is almost $90. Don't like the address limiting option, you start entering the street name and only allows certain letters to be entered, I guess that is because they are the only available to complete the st. names that are available from the map, I hate that but not so much to pay more for the updated map. Other than that great GPS. Be advise that the refurbished unit has only 90 days manufacturer warranty.

Magellan 3250 3.5 in.

I did a lot of research on the CPS products. I purchased the Magellan as a christmas gift for my wife. Although she hasn't used it much she was thrilled. It not only does everything she wanted, but it is compact and can be carried in her purse. As a sales person she can finally do away with maps.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: