Saturday, April 11, 2009

Magellan RoadMate 1430 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic

Magellan RoadMate 1430 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic

Excellent Upgrade That cost less.

I "upgraded" from an older Roadmate 3000T. This RoadMate 1430 takes all the things that are good about the old one and improves on them. Very easy to navigate touchscreen. Just play with the screen pushing different icons and you will love how easy it is. You don't have to always go to different screens to change things. I love the multidestination feature and the spoken street names. The only thing that will make these GPS units better is if they team up with google or mapquest, etc, so you can custom make a map and import it into the gps. Now that would be the ultimate. I have never had any need for the traffic re-routing.

Best choice for value.

I was referred to Magellan's products through use of a friend whom already owns one and I stand by my choice to return my tom tom neither may not be as fast as some, but the Magellan roadmate 1430 with free traffic subscription is the choice to go with and the deal here you can't beat from where I've seen if you can find it anywhere else anymore. Pros: UI (user interface): easy to navigate menus. widescreen certainly comes in handy for scrolling and typing. Automatically traffic detouring. Auto reroute Trip planner / Multiple destinations automatically sorts multiple destinations per trip. Voiced street names announced for every turn including freeways exit/on ramps and oh yeah my favorite the doorbell or chime to alert when exactly your turn is coming up and its balls on accurate every time! Cons: Touch screen response has its moments, but seems to be only when it hasn't warmed up. There is only one (1) way point you can set at a time, but I never seem to mind that since it saves previous addresses for later if you find yourself needing to use them again. no pedestrian mode. Overall I love this model it only has what I need it for and that's GPS! Definitely recommend this product to a friend.

Good Value

30 January 2009 This was a great value, and I am impressed with vendor who shipped promptly and everything was as advertised. One point is Instructions are poorly written on how to add addresses;it took awhile to figure out. Car mounts are poor and when you spend a reasonable amount of money for a GPS [as in this case] and good mount should be included. But this has nothing to do with this Vendor-who I will purchase from again and again. Larry

Excellent choice

I would definitely recommend the Magellan RoadMate 1430 unit. This is our first GPS, and after much research, I decided to go with this one based on the good reviews it has received from users, the features you get for the price, and a great deal that was being offered. I'm very happy with the unit. It does what it says it can do, and without any problems. I still haven't opened the manual yet, because it's so easy to get going. The unit walks you right through it, and you're up and running in no time. Good choice.

Con: Maps/Addresses don't match! (Pro: It talks to you)

The software on the Magellan 1430 is a bit curious, to say the least: Our subdivision, which has been in existence for over 3 years, shows up on their map data, but NOT in the address database. We can't even enter our 'home' address as a starting point, because it doesn't recognize our street as being in existence, even though it shows it clearly on the map portion of the device! What the heck?!?!? It would be much easier to use if I could actually enter my home address as a starting location; other than that, on the "pro" side, it talks to you, so you don't have to try and read a screen while driving (yikes!!) I REALLY hope Magellan gets their software act together soon! If/when they do, this unit would be great, until then its kind of a waste of cash. I would recommend going with Garmon until Magellan can properly synchronize the different types of data information so this unit is actualy usable. What good is having great, up-to-the-minute maps if you can't enter the addresses that correspond with the points on those maps?!?!?



Keyword : magellan

No comments: