Saturday, April 4, 2009

Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

piece of junk

Bought this in Jan. 2009. Didn't receive any instruction that were of use. I could barely read the print on the single sheet of paper. It took me a while to get it out to the car to charge so I didn't use it right away. My mistake. Took it back in the house and programed a couple of routes around town just to see out how it worked. Battery had to be charged again so I left it in the car overnight plugged in and tried to use it the next day. Can't program it now I've reset it several times. It brings me to my location and that's it. Paper road map better than this thing.

LTC

This is the fifth Magellan Gps that I have owned. The first one was a MAP 7000 used in aerial navigation. It weighewd a ton and used 6 double A bateries that had a lifetime of about ten hours. All of the products have been very dependable. In the use of any GPS it is important to fly the plane or drive the car first. Program the GPS using Guggle Earth for land navigation and then listen to the commands, don't bother looking at it. It is very helpful if utiliZed correctly.

Love It!!

I bought this product for my daughter at Xmas. Two weeks later my daughter moved to Washington DC from Indiana. My daughter and I used the new GPS (right out of the package)to start my daughter's search for housing.........WOW! We did NOT even get lost once!!! It is so user friendly that even I had no problems navigating my way around the screens and using the different options to find the nearest Starbucks!! I loved the product so much that when I came home from DC, I bought myself one!! YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG OR GET LOST WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!!

Satellites don't always pick up your location

We live in Minneapolis, and have had several times where the GPS couldn't pick up where we were located, so we couldn't use it to map out our destination. It would stick on a previous location we had been, and even after driving for 30 minutes, it still wouldn't update our location. Each time this has happened it has been plugged into the car charger because the battery was low, so I'm not sure if that affects it, but we have been disappointed that we can't always use it when we want. I would expect that it would pick up our location in a city as large as Minneapolis, even while charging.

two units' battery and power supply went bad in a few months

I had to replace the 1st unit after a few months since it stopped charging. They replaced the cable but then they had to replace the unit. Now, the replacement does the same thing and will not charge. I've had the replacement now for 5 months. Spend a few extra dollars and get a unit that has good hardware components.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: