Saturday, November 22, 2008

TomTom GO 720 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

TomTom GO 720 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

Should have bought it a long time ago!

I bought this product even though it was refurbished. I didn't want to spend $300 on a GPS but needed one because I just moved to another state. The GPS looked like it was brand new but the car charger didn't. When I plugged it in, the car charger didn't work but that was quickly resolved by Amazon & TomTom. The little gadget worked extremely well and rerouted quickly every time I took a wrong turn. The only complaints I have about it are: 1. Battery life lasts about 2 hours at most (but this complaint has been repeated by others so I expected it) 2. It doesn't tell me to do a U-turn when I make a wrong turn 3. The pronunciation of the street names by "Susan" is mostly inaccurate but doesn't bother me that much since other voices are not perfect either 4. It takes me on a lot of minor streets instead of major ones so I'm afraid I won't be able to find my way around without the GPS (I'm hoping I will find a way around this but haven't had time to play with the details yet) All in all, I am very happy with my purchase.

Overall great product for the price!

I have used this product a little over a month now and have no major issues with the unit. The only problem I have had so far is with the fm transmitter, because my antenna is in the rear of the car so it does not pick up the signal too well so there is a lot of static. For the price there is no other product in the market that can meet the TomTom 720 specs, such as bluetooth, voice guided directions, mp3 player, and so much more. By far the best feature is the quick re-routing directions, for example if you miss a turn or exit it will quickly calculate another route. Overall, great product for the price and you may think it is a refurbished unit there has to be something wrong, but there isn't and on top of the low price is an original factory warranty! :-) (Note: the suction cup can be difficult at times to stick onto the windshield, so first clean the glass with a little hydrogen peroxide, wipe dry, and apply some petroleum jelly to the suction cup and place on glass and I bet it won't come off again!)

Best Choice!!!

The Tomtom GO 720 is the best choice if you are going to visit Brazil. Tomtom is the best navigator in Brazil!!!!

Garmin 6xx series vs. TomTom 7xx series

I have tried a Garmin 680 and a Tom Tom Go 720. You can argue back/forth about the gps abilities of the two brands, but there is one BIG negative that the Garmin has vs. Tom Tom. The Garmin navigation screen is pretty, but information poor. No distance to objective. No speed. No miles travelled. No street names as you pass them. And no option to see any of that except by slecting a different screen. Tom Tom lets you see all of that on the navigation screen. If you never had it, you may not miss it. Once you have had it, if you buy a Garmin, you will regret doing it.

not as direct and friendly as a garmin

I own some Nuvi 760/770 before I rate this Tomtom. Physically its shape is not so sleek, i.e. thicker and less stylish than the nuvis screen. The on-screen directions while driving require some getting-used-to, though they are Not bad at all. The cable hookup and ports are not the most desirable. searching for addresses require some backing up of screens, which is less straightforward as the nuvis (even the Garmin C340 is more direct). But it is evident than the nuvis cost more... more than you would be willing to trade for. Overall, this is a very decent product if you never have the pleasure of the elegant operation of a Nuvi. Satellite signal capture (like speed) is comparable in both Tomtom and Nuvi. this Tomtom is given 4 stars (but marginally so)



Keyword : tom+tom

No comments: