Saturday, November 22, 2008

Navigon 7200T 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigation with Bluetooth, Text-to-Speech, and Free Traffic Alerts

Navigon 7200T 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigation with Bluetooth, Text-to-Speech, and Free Traffic Alerts

Great Product but didn't get my rebate as advertised

I absolutely love my Navigon - so user friendly. Would recomend the product for anyone, but was very disappointed that I did not receive any of the paperwork to receive the $[...] rebate that was advertised at the time I purchased the Navigon 7200T. I'm not sure I would order from Amazon again.

I'm sending it back

I read a few reviews and did my research before I bought this unit. The famous line " looks can be deceiving" is all I have to say about it. Pro: The design is slick Lane assistance is helpful (the main reason why I bought it) Cons: Bluetooth works but not al the time. The unit didn't recognize my phone when it was turned on and even when I tried to reconnect it couldn't recognize it. Touch screen is not responsive. You really have to put pressure on the screen to get it to work right. Main map has no color scheme selections and it's very hard to read grey on gray. I guess if you only care about your final destination it shouldn't matter. The speaker is not loud enough even with my windows up. Unless you have it 5 inches from the ear don't expect to hear voice commands. I couldn't believe that fo the price of this model FM transmitter wasn't included. Voice recognition is a joke... it will find everything else except the street you looking for. Traffic Alerts are not accurate. The whole point of it is to tell me about traffic ahead of time and not while I'm in it. Overall it's a nice looking unit with cool design and many futures but nothing works the way it should. In my opinion it's way too expensive and does not live up to my expectations.

Not very impressed...

I purchased this after using a Nuvi 660 for two years. I wanted something different, fresh, and full of features. As with many others, the lifetime traffic attracted me to this unit, along with it's sleek look. It has all the features I was looking for (bluetooth, lane assist, traffic to name a few). A quick little unit, it gives great directions and has an awesome little map (software) on it. The screen is very informative as well. I haven't actually seen the "lane assist" yet, so I cannot comment on that. Nor have I seen the traffic. The "small font" issue is not an issue for me and it should not be for anyone! if you cannot read this unit from less than two feet away, then you DO NOT NEED TO BE DRIVING!! There are several areas in which I believe need vast improvements though. They are: 1. Battery Life - I used it for less than two hours and it died... Yes, it comes with a car charger, but I believe the specs say 3 hours. Not even close. 2. No "Search by Name" Function - this is incredible to me that this option would not be available. Instead, you have to search by POI, which means you have to know under which POI category your destination is located under. and we all know these are not always accurate. 3. Limited POIs - Notice it doesnt say 6 Million or 7 million POIs? It just says "millions" - which could mean just barely 2 million. My point is that I tried looking up Lowe's and Home Depot - neither were there. I called customer support and he said due to licensing they were not listed but that they were always adding more. I'm sorry, but in order to be an effective GPS system, you need to be able to compete with Nuvi and TomTom on this one. If I cannot "type" Lowe's or Home Depot, and it's not in the POI, how am I supposed to find it without finding the address on the net? A GPS MUST be able to do this - no questions. This is the major downfall for this unit. I'm sending it back. I purchased the TomTom 930T - I know this one has a search by name and I know it has Lowe's and Home Depot. We'll see how the rest of it works out!

An improvement over the last generation

Near perfect GPS unit. There are some kinks to work out, but thats what software update is for. My Motorola cell does not connect, but the brand isn't the most compatible. Key Pros. The route planning improved over the 5100 I had. Hardware upgrades gives more speed to the system. The spoken address entry is very helpful. Key Cons. The reset button doesn't make sense, its too small for car use. I'd like physical buttons or wheel for the volume control. The screen remains cluttered, but its text to voice, so not a huge problem.

Very Nice GPS

I'm not big on wordy reviews, so here's the summary: This is a great GPS for the $. I like the 3D lane assist and I have had no trouble with it getting a signal or finding a good route. I chose the go home feature, but knew a better route than what it suggested, so I purposely went the other way and the unit re-routed my trip to what I was actually going to take. I do agree that the fonts are small, but the unit speaks your turns, so this isn't a big deal. I also like the "caution" warnings when you are over the speed limit. The POI's seem fine, no complaints. The GPS tracking was quick and accurate as well. I like it.



Keyword : navigon

No comments: