Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Garmin nüvi 205 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 205 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin Nuvi Excellent Choice

We purchased this product at a much lower ($30.00 less) price than anywhere else we shopped. We received it 2 days after purchase and use it for every expedition outside our normal driving area. While I've always enjoyed getting "a little lost" it's great to know that I can't get "too" lost. Thanks

great product

Great product, very easy to use. Requires downloading the update before use, takes 5 mins or less. Comes with eveything you need in the box.

NEW ORLEANS VACATION

My family and I visited New Orleans for the first time. We had just bought the GPS and are ecstatic. Don't know how we could ever have vacationed without it. We have bought 3 more for our extended family.

Improvements over Nuvi 200 appreciated

I had to give the Nuvi 205 a 5-star rating because it's better than the Nuvi 200, which has an average of 4.5 stars at Amazon. All in all, I'm glad I got the 205 vs. the 200. Not in any order are the following improvements I appreciated most: The faster screen refresh is noticeable. There's a YouTube video where the 205 is compared with the 200. You can see a huge difference. The redesigned display is more intuitive with arrows vs. "left"/"right". Personally, I think the screen design looks better, too. The ability to import addresses on the computer from Google map is very nice since entering the address via the touchscreen is a bit cumbersome. BTW, the documentation is very, very light. There was no mention of how to use the map importation feature so I appreciated the Amazon product page including the link to download the plug-in. Also, I didn't know I could download more vehicles till I dug around the Garmin website. About text-to-speech, which this unit does NOT have, I don't think I'm going to miss it. Usually I have the radio or iPod blaring, and my car is pretty noisy anyway, so it would be hard to hear the street names called out. In fact, I keep the volume down and rely on the very intuitive display. You clearly see the upcoming street name to turn on and even if there are a bunch of streets bunched up together, the main map would show them all and it would be easy to differentiate the one you want.

Love my New GPS so much I got another!

I decided that I wanted a GPS for my car. Mainly because I had seen a friend use her TomTom to find a place to eat. That was something I didn't know they did. Usually I am a major researcher. I research everything from cars to coffee pots before they are purchased. (let not even talk about the length of time it took to purchase a house and looking at upwards of 5+ a day!) But my husband and I went to Best Buy to get a new TV. I let him do his thing and traveled the store playing with the newest gadgets when I came up to the GPS counter. I started playing with them seeing which would do what. So fun! When a sales man came over I ask to borrow his computer to get on the company website and read reviews, he laughed but allowed it. All 3 units I was looking had had a 4.0 rating or higher. So back to the devices I went. My husband came over as he hadn't seen me in an hour, I told him I was going to get one of them but wasn't sure which. So he started messing with them also. We finally came to the agreement on the Garmin nuvi 205 only because he said he wanted one for his truck also and since they had different colors He wanted black and I got red. After placing them in our vehicles, learning them was a snap. There are directions but I found I didn't even need them. Setting up took no time at all for it to connect and locate me. I am going to get my boss one for Christmas as he goes places all the time and carries map books. He also knows nothing beyond checking email on a computer but I am sure that he will have no problem with this little gem!



Keyword : garmin

No comments: