Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Garmin Indoor Foot Pod Accessory for Forerunner 305 and Forerunner 350

Garmin Indoor Foot Pod Accessory for Forerunner 305 and Forerunner 350

Good deal.

I am very well satisfied. i got the purchased product long before the promised delivery time. :-)

easy to use just wish it clipped on

Easy to use. Paired fast, no problem calibrating, very accurate. You have to lace it on and only way to remove it from your shoe is to unlace your shoe. Would be nice if it had a base that laced on and then the pod clipped on. However, the fot pod is so light you don't notice it there.

Expense bandaid for bad software and website

I own the Garmin 405 with HRM. It is beyond me why anyone would be happy with buying a foot pod. The correct answer is for Garmin to allow manual entries and the editing of data on Garmin Connect and Training Center. This deficiency means that if you are running, biking, or working out indoors you are forced to pay $100 to log your workout. Oh - and if you complete an "indoor cardio" workout like biking that doesn't involve any impact then the foot pod will not work and you still can not log your workout. The 405 is a solid product, the Garmin Connect and Training Center are buggy and deficient, and the foot pod is a complete rip off. Open a Garmin Connect account for yourself and prepare to be underwhelmed. Taylor

Great product

Looking for a great way to accurately track your workouts indoors? This will fit your need. I have an older treadmill at home and is not accurate, the foot pod accurately tracks my mileage and pace. You can also upload your workouts to your Garmin Training Center software on your computer. I did not calibrate mine and it's within a .05 of a mile on the treadmills at the gym, so it's pretty accurate already. Of course if you want to be precise follow the directions to calibrate it. The only drawback to the foot pod is that it isn't easily removed from your show due to having to run your laces through them. Maybe future models will have an easier way to attach and detach the foot pod. That's the only negative. I am very pleased with my purchase and works automatically with my Forerunner 305.

Garmin Indoor Foot Pod Accessory

The foot pod helps me keep accurate results for my weekly running log. I feel it is more accurate than the equipment at the gym. However I wish it was easier to take on and off I like to switch out my running shoes.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: