Monday, October 27, 2008

GARMIN 010-00658-10 Forerunner 405 With Ant+Sport Wireless Technology (Black)

GARMIN 010-00658-10 Forerunner 405 With Ant+Sport Wireless Technology (Black)

Great device, few setbacks

I used the Garmin Forerunner 205 for 3 years before buying the 405 about a month ago. The 405 seems to get satellite reception faster and is more comfortable to wear, but the touch bezel does have some drawbacks. It is hard to use the bezel on the run and it doesn't work when it gets wet. I love this product because I am a "start it a forget it runner," but if you like to operate your watch on the run, the Forerunner 205 is probably a better deal.

Stick with the 305

Form factor is great, GPS function is great. Product is unusable during a workout! Once you break a sweat and sometimes before, the bezel becomes unusable. Garmin obviously never tested this device in the field. Buy the Garmin 305 it is rock solid and more feature rich. Amazon was great to work with on this issue and I am in the process of receiving a full refund. If you do buy this unit, please save all the packing and accessories so you can return to Amazon within the 30 day period.

No mac support :(

Promised by "Q4 2008" but I am not going to hold my breath for it given all the other negative review about performance. What a bummer, cause the 305 is ugly, but I guess I'll stick with it cause it works.

expensive but VERY useful

I bought the Garmin Forerunner 405 for my girlfriend. I have since run with her while she was wearing it and asked her about her solo runs with it. She absolutely loves the thing, especially the virtual partner feature. The only problem I think she has had are with the bezel-controls, which can be confusing at times. It seems like sometimes the watch reacts to touch and other times it doesn't. To be fair, my girlfriend has not read the manual.

Stick with the 305

Let me first say that I have been a fan of Garmin products for years and have run with the 105 and the 205/305 and loved both of them. You turned them on and went for a run with no problems, but the 405 is nowhere near as easy. I went through two of them before I realized I should not wasted anymore time with this thing. The connection with the computer is a huge hassle and if you do not have the current updates the watch lasts only 4 hours based on my experience. The touch feature on the watch is a pain and not easy to work. It does fit nicely but that is it....And to make matters worse the customer support for Garmin is horrible you end up waiting 30-40 minutes.....For those die hard marathoners like me, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME....Get the 205/305.......



Keyword : garmin

No comments: