Thursday, October 23, 2008

Magellan Traffic Kit for the Maestro Series

Magellan Traffic Kit for the Maestro Series

don't bother with this

Bought this for my Magellan GPS. I hate it. I still use it while I wait to buy a new one. With out this traffic kit the GPS unit send you on some stupid routes, some times they are just crazy. This kit just adds to it confusion in calculating the routes. I use it just to see the traffic details, they are not even accurate. If you use it to automatically route based on traffic details you will be taking stupid routes, maybe even go around in circles. There are better options. I would get lost less just using the maps in rental cars.

No Traffic Alerts in Atlanta!

Although the Traffic Service is supposed to work in Atlanta, I have yet to see a single traffic alert. I would have given this one star except that it is a required optional accessory if you want to use an external antenna with the Maestro and for that it works as advertised.

traffic kit for magellan maestro

this product worked wonderfully to get me thru LA traffic on vacation. I would recommend this to anyone that is thinking of travelling thru a major city and is unfamiliar with the area.

It's right model for Maestro but...

I bought this Traffic Kit for my Magellan Maestro 4050 GPS as my original Traffic Kit had been stolen in downtown San Francisco on last month. The Kit was right model for 4050 GPS, but the one I got from Amazon wasn't fit on my GPS. Even though I heard the click of the latch, the GPS wasn't stuck fast to the Kit firmly. As watching the GPS on local ways, I had headaches because the GPS was almost always a little bit moving around. Eventually, I returned it.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: