Friday, October 10, 2008

Mio Knight Rider 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator wtih turn-by-turn voice guidance of K.I.T.T.

Mio Knight Rider 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator wtih turn-by-turn voice guidance of K.I.T.T.

one cool GPS

My Knight Rider GPS arrived the other day (9/25), and I have to say it is everything I'd hoped for. From the way KITT's voice greets you on power up, to the LEDs flashing on the sides when it talks, just fits perfectly. While the voice sounds a tad bit drier than the original KITT, given the actor (William Daniels) has aged 20 years, it's not surprising it isnt perfectly identical - still sounds like KITT though, no question. I like how the position on the map is indicated by a little graphical KITT, rather than your typical arrow or circle. Gives it that extra little awesomeness you'd want from a Knight Rider based GPS system. Everything else your average GPS has is part of this package, it even has some extra options like subscriptions to traffic cam alerts. My only complaint is that the map scrolling via manual touch leaves a little to be desired - it is not as smooth or easy to use as my previous Mio product (Digiwalker 168), but it still works OK. It also has plenty of greeting names in the database to choose from, tho it may not have everything you'd want, supposedly you can update it with more later on. The GPS has internal memory as well as an SD expansion slot. All in all this is a great product, and fits perfectly with my Firebird, which while white, still looks enough like classic KITT ;) ... maybe its time for a paintjob.



Keyword : gps

1 comment:

Richard said...

My Ford Tempo is going to be the coolest Tempo in town. I already have Mr. T and Dennis Hopper on my Tomtom. You can get them from Navtones.com, they did the voice for the Knight Rider GPS so you know it's the real deal and a must have device.