Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Freedom Input Keychain GPS 2000

Freedom Input Keychain GPS 2000

Great GPS receiver in a small package

Very happy with the Freedom Keychain GPS 2000. Works with Garmin Mobile XT on my Palm 680 just fine. Very fast in locking in position, and battery life seems ok (about 6 hours for me). Quite sensitive--I can keep it in my pocket or in the car center console and it stays locked on the satellites--doesn't need to have a direct view of the sky. Only thing I wish it had was a "battery meter" like Garmin's Mobile 10x receiver (maybe it does, but Mobile XT doesn't recognize or display it, as it does with the Mobile 10x receiver).

Works as advertised

Bought this to synch with my Motorola q9m smartphone. Once I adjusted the settings on them q9m (no thanks to Moto found on a forum)it worked great. Amazing actually. Once it obtains satellites it doesn't lose them. If your looking for a bluetooth GPS receiver, look no further.

So small and works great!

I purchased this item for my boyfriend and he loves it! He had been using a similar device that he borrowed from a friend and really wanted one for himself. He pairs up this device with his smartphone and uses it for geocaching and traveling. This device keeps the signal even when in the woods which is normally an issue. He also loves how small it is and can carry it on his keychain so he always has it with him. I would definately recommend this device to anyone!

Holy Cow! Works Great!!!!

First: Read Port Tack (regarding Com settings (phone, not Google), and Marty's (overall info). Second: Enjoy a POWERFUL unit at a great price. Very sensitive, really good performance, small, light, totally cool. Don't be without it....I've tried others, this is THE one.

Fantastic!

Pros: incredibly small size (smaller than a matchbox) and great performance. Follow steps along the lines of Marty's (excellent) review; the key is to remember to add the COM setup under Bluetooth settings (not the separate GPS setting). I had it running with my laptop as well as my Pantech Duo (WM6) smartphone. It nabbed a signal in seconds (inside a house, under tree cover). It even has a slick minimalist look (I like the matte black exterior).



Keyword : gps

No comments: