Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Magellan Maestro 3140 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan Maestro 3140 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

great product, excellent features

Bought magellan maestro 3140 in april 2008. have used it for the past 5 months. The unit has performed flawlessly thus far. The 3140 easily takes me to all included addresses and POI's easily and relatively efficiently. My one and only negative would be that the included maps are current to 3rd quarter 2006. A 2008/2009 map update costs $80. Hard to see that much benefit for the few times a road is inaccurate. Only paid $200 for the unit. Still, have thoroughly enjoyed using the unit. Has a fast lock on satellites, holds the lock even in somewhat tree covered roads. I initially purchased a Garmin of similar level. Returned it. The 3140 outperforms the garmin in both ease of use and features.

Magellan Maestro 3140 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Its great one from amazon but drawback is little late to get signal great bluetooth no noise nothing good one from amazon for great price

Magellan 3140

The item was shipped in a very quick fashion. This item was from Warehouse Deals and had a 30 day trial feature. The item worked like a charm but the battery would not take a charge. I contacted Amazon, they sent me a return label and refunded my money in a very short time. I am extremely well satisfied with the transaction. Wayne Hall

Great GPS

I purchased one of these for my wife and my son liked it so much my mother-in-law bought him one as a graduation gift from college.

Great GPS- You can change the POI FILE! (read)

OK, This is an awesome GPS! Definitely buy it if you are on the fence. I haven't used the blue tooth, but I wouldn't buy it for that reason anyway. I echo all the positive statements that have been made about it. I have a few suggestions/tips: a) consider paying $150 for it refurbished and you are getting a huge bang for the buck! b) Go to the Magellan site and make sure the map and software is updated/ update it. c) Update the POI file to 6 million! Many people complain about the small POI file, but you can change it even though Magellan hasn't released one. [...] follow the instructions. It works, I've done it and Its great. I have new categories and subcategories. Not only that but the actual file is SMALLER than the original POI file. There are other tips, tricks, and custom POI databases on this forum. Good luck!



Keyword : magellan

No comments: