Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ViaMichelin X-930 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

ViaMichelin X-930 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

BAd Choice Overall - Bad routing/slow/freezes

A very poorly made product. The screen freezes and the system shuts down and then you are left at the mercies of the heaven. The Michelin guys wont help you out either and you cannot return it.

the true story

At first I was pleased with this unit but in less than 2 months of actual use it was on the way out. It refused to find some addresses. Then it would flash between screens. I called customer support with the usual results...no support. The foreign lady told me to do a hard reset and I did. Now the unit will not come up at all. If you must have a GPS please do not buy this one. A Garman or a Magellan is far superior and will last for years not 2 months.

Good for the money

I bought this product last year, it was like $175 when I got it. It works good, can guide you to the place you wish. Two point I don't like: 1. the screen cannot be clearly seen when strong sunshine. 2. Seems I never successfully mounted on my window, maybe this is my problem. Map is old, it would be better if free map update is provided.

Check it out before you buy

Really sorry I bought this one. Maps are old, can't locate my house on it and I've lived here 5 years. Little to no support from the company. It appears their main market in Europe. Map updates are not available. Find a unit that allows you to update your maps from the internet. I am sure there are better units available.

Others might be better

I purchased the X930 for my wife. The con they list is probably the most important fact they can mention. It is difficult to the point of impossible (occasionally) to input and find locations. It would appear from the product's website that they have discontinued the product and even the website is somewhat difficult to get around. My friend has a Garmin and I recommend their product over this one with no reservations. I am unimpressed with the lacking userfriendliness of this product and do not recommend it's purchase despite it's low price tag.



Keyword : gps

No comments: