Sunday, October 12, 2008

Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Colorado Handheld GPS Units

Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Colorado Handheld GPS Units

Good Case

Very good carrying case for the Colorado GPS. It gives good protection for the unit and is easy to use. My only complaint is size. It will hold only the unit and has no space for the carabiner that comes with the Colorado. It would be nice to have a slot or two to store regional microSD cards, too. Minor points so I still recommend the case.

Nice item, could be better!

I like this item, it provides good protection from bumping your gps into things. I would really like it to be air tight to keep sand out, it has a gap in the seem that will let in dirt and water. Not good for Iraq.

Offers no protection

Other than acting as a hard case to prevent bumps to your GPS, this case offers no additional protection to a very expensive investment. I expected the case to seal around the edges, but it does not (the only thing keeping the case closed is that little clip in the picture... I mistakingly thought it also zipped around the edges). So there's nothing preventing dirt, water, etc, from going right into the sides of the case. I use my GPS for fieldwork, and this case definitely wouldn't cut it. I returned mine, and certainly would not recommend this case to anyone.

Disappointing

I figured after the money spent on the Colorado from Garmin, they would have had a sweet hard case for this. I guess being an Otterbox user, I was expecting more. It was a hard case, but seemed cheaply made.

Great case, but be sure you need it.

This case does just what it should, and does it well. My only caution -- be sure you need and will use it. I ordered it when I ordered the Garmin. The Garmin came with a very stout and secure carabiner clip on. The Garmin itself is sturdy, and I just haven't felt the need for this semi-hard case. If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't get it. Again, that's not because it's not a very good case; it's only because I don't find myself needing or using it.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: