Saturday, October 18, 2008

ARKON GARMIN NUVI AIR VENT MOUNT

ARKON GARMIN NUVI AIR VENT MOUNT

Garmin should include this as a standard piece

This little gadget is very good. I originally bought Garmin's standard bean bag. Although it worked well and it was very stable, it was also very bulky. My dash is very short, so there was not much space to put it on the dashboard. So I bought this instead. The package it came in was super cheap (just a plastic bag), and the plastic on this item feels very cheap, but it provides surprisingly stable base for GPS. It puts GPS in a perfect position to look, and touch and still give me some air from the vent. Since this attachment probably can be made very cheaply if Garmin decided to include this in every GPS they sell, I don't know why they don't do that. For those who has to use a beanbag or suction cup would use a beanbag or suction cup anyway. This is a way better solution than their included suction cup style holder. No sticky adhesives. If you are thinking about getting this, and if you have normal horizontal vent slats, get this attachment, you won't regret it. And it's CHEAP!!

Perfect solution for mounting the GPS

This is the perfect answer for a mount for our Garmin Nuvi 760: no suction rings on the window, no bulky dashboard beanbag. It mounts easily in the vent to the right of the steering wheel, a perfect location. Works with Lexus SC430 and several rental cars we've used. The mount easily detaches from the vent and is small enough that you can easily put the GPS, attached mount and cord into the glovebox when you're away from the vehicle.

Does What It Says!

I use my mount in a 1988 Toyota pickup and a 1999 Isuzu Trooper. It fits both of them perfectly. I am very pleased with the mount.

Air Vent Mount Works Great

The Arkon Garmin NUVI Air Vent Mount works great in my 2006 Honda Pilot! The ball snaps into the the existing socket of the Garmin Nuvi adhesive dash mount that came with my Garmin Nuvi 660. There are two attachment clips which secure into the directional control fins of the air vent and a positionable leg holds it steady. The ball and socket are very positionable, hold the unit steady, and do not interfere with any of the unit's cables. The vent mount positions the GPS unit in a very readable, out of the sun's glare, accessible to the touch screen position. I purchased this item because I can remove it easily and hide the evidence that I own a covetable GPS unit when the vehicle is parked. Out of sight, out of mind!! My only word of caution is that the attachment clips have put some minor grooves in the plastic vent slot surface, so in the long run I am unsure of whether they will damage the vent slot further.

GREAT ALTERNATE OPTION

FITS VERY WELL ON 99 LEXUS ES 300 CENTER VENT MOUNTS AND 95 GRAND CHEROKEE AND 96 BUICK REGAL. YOU CAN USE MORE THAN NUVI. ALSO WORKS FOR STP C5XX, ZUMO, STP I-SERIES. ANYTHING THAT USES THE BALL/SOCKET MOUNT SYSTEM, EVEN THE VERY BIG NUVI 5000.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: