Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Arkon GN047 Removable Swivel Air Vent Mount for Garmin Nuvi and Garmin StreetPilot

Arkon GN047 Removable Swivel Air Vent Mount for Garmin Nuvi and Garmin StreetPilot

Looks Great - works great

I purchased this mount for my Nuvi 660 to be mounted in my BMW 530i. It is well constructed. Went together easily. The mount is secure and if you squeeze the clamp so the tooth ends open up, it goes on and off like a charm. Highly recommend.

would be great if it actually worked in my jeep

nothing wrong with the actual product, only that it isn't compatible with my 4 door jeep wrangler('07). The air vents are so deep that the mount couldn't properly attach, it would just sag down and fall off. So, for all you jeep owners: live with the glass suction mount! I have yet to find any kind of airvent mount that works in my jeep(for my GPS or ipod).

ArkonGN047 Removable Swivel Vent Mount

This item was delivered on time. I have a 2006 Toyota RAV4 and the vent mount fits perfect! It's a great place for my NUVI 660 and a improvement over the windshield mount the tends to come loose and fall on the floor with the summer heat. A great buy for the price.

Great solution for "No mounting on windshield" states

Even if you are allowed to mount items to the windshield, this is better in my opinion. I have used the suction cup mount, the Garmin beanbag mount on the dash, and this mount, and this is my favorite. With both my Yukon and mini-van it brings the GPS down to dash level like an OEM GPS. Also, as mentioned in an earlier review, it doesn't leave those "I have a GPS in my car" suction cup rings on the windshield. I really don't think you can beat this mount for the price.

Great gadget

The Arkon GN047 Removable Swivel Air Vent Mount for Garmin Nuvi and Garmin StreetPilot is a great little gadget. I was thinking about getting one of those dashboard friction mounts, but am glad I went with this one instead. It does take a little effort to get on and off your vents at first, but it loosens up a bit after a few uses. Or maybe it's just that my fingers are getting stronger or my technique improving. Anyway, it's not a hassle getting it on and off after just a week. I like that the GPS is located a little lower than the windshield so that I have an unobstructed view. I like to listen to the directions instead of watching the screen, so it's ideal for me to have nothing blocking my windshield. If you are someone who likes to watch the GPS screen a lot, this might not be the device for you. It is a little low and you can't really watch the road and screen at the same time that easily. It's an eye strain to try, so you will tend to ignore one or the other, preferably the GPS! I love that this thing fits so easily in my console and leaves no trace that a GPS is in use in the car. Even when you first park, someone might notice you spending a little extra time in the car (while you're packing the GPS up), but they won't see the GPS on the dash or your taking it down to store it under the seat, the way people have to do with the dashboard mounts, which won't fit in consoles. No one outside your car will ever see your GPS, unless they've got their head stuck through your window. It's a snug fit on my air vents, which hopefully will continue to be the case for a long time. That means you don't have to worry about the contraption flying off when you break suddenly, another issue people report with friction mounts. Easy to transport from car to car. Takes under a minute to get on or off the vent. Even fits the lower one of my rather wide vents (HHR), which has an extra ridge that the grasps are able to lock onto. This is definitely the choice for me, unless I get to a point where I feel I'm really missing something by having to avoid watching the screen while I drive. If that gets to be the case, I'll probably have to switch to the dashboard top friction mounts, which place the GPS in your line of vision to the road ahead. But then I'd also wind up with more glare on the screen when driving away from the sun. Hopefully this will be a permanent solution for me and I won't miss the turn by turn visuals.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: