Sunday, September 7, 2008

Garmin 010-10889-00 Forerunner 305/205 Quick Release Kit

Garmin 010-10889-00 Forerunner 305/205 Quick Release Kit

Write band & bike mount work well

I prefer the wrist band in the quick release kit over the wrist band that came with the FR 305--given the bulkiness of the 305, the wrist band that comes with it is a bit awkward. Its a good design that held the FR 305 in place for a number of rides & runs.

An essential accessory

For anyone who both runs and bikes, this kit is essential to make the most of the Garmin 305. Add the cadence kit and you have a terrific bike and run electronic trainer for very reasonable money. Kit assembles in a few minutes and seems well-engineered to hold up to many swaps from wrist to handlebar (which is a MUCH better place for viewing while on the bike. I can't imagine any complaints arising unless the user fails to apprehend how to use it!

Q-R wrist strap OK but hard on 305 attachment points

Quick Release kit is OK but if you're back and forth between a bike and your wrist a lot I fear the plastic on the Forerunner may wear prematurely due to high torque loads when removing the unit from the plastic cradle.

Simple but it works

I bought 2. One for my road bike and one for my mt. bike. They are easy to install and you can set the angle on the handle bars for viewing to fit your needs. I am very happy with the mount.

Great Accesory to Forerunner 305

This definitely makes wearing and changing over the Forerunner 305 so much nicer and easier. Personally I hate putting on plastic watch bands on for numerous reasons but one of them is that my skin starts breaking out when I start sweating...which obviously occurs every time I would wear this. Very easy to use...everyone should get this!



Keyword : bikes

No comments: