Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Polar RS100 Heart Rate Monitor and Stopwatch

Polar RS100 Heart Rate Monitor and Stopwatch

HRM that actually works!

I had tried a timex hrm before this and it didnt even come close in accuracy. Even though the RS100 is a bit more than some of the timex models its well worth the money. It is accurate and simple enough to use. I would actually reccomend this one over the RS200 since that model seems to have more problems. The only gripe I had was the T31 chest strap which always felt like it was slipping down while I ran. Although my dog has recently destroyed the T31 transmitter and I am looking forward to getting the Wearlink chest strap which looks to be an improvement over the contemporary design. Apparently my dog didnt like the T31 either....

Decent Product, Decent Value

Purchased as a replacement HRM, The unit does what its intended to do and it does it well. The quirks of changing face information or retrieving data takes a while to learn and get used to. The push-button sequencing doesn't always seem intuitive, but - the good news is - its easy to learn. I don't use my HRM as a watch except as a convenience after working out, so that feature is fairly useless to me, anyway. One simple improvement would be a strap thats a notch or two bigger - I have to wear my unit at the end notch making it somewhat more difficult to fasten and unfasten. Given the quirks and a design you have to grow into, its a decent product and a fair value.

Excellent running watch and heart monitor!

There's a reason Polar sits on top of the heart-rate monitor heap, and that's because they do it better than anyone else. This watch/monitor has received accolades for years from runners, all well-deserved. It worked straight out of the box, the manual was clearly written, and I have been happily sweating and putting this monitor through its paces as I train for my next half marathon.

LOVE THIS HRM!

I recently purchased this Heart rate monitor less then a week ago..took me a day to get all the functions down and I wore it for the first time yesterday while working out.. I have wanted one for a LONG time and while working out yesterday I saw I burned 400 calories running 2 miles and another 400 during my Weight lifting class "body pump" which lasts and hour...I was so suprised I cant wait to wear it again and try to burn more and more...5 stars from me!

Just what I needed !!

I have had some another HR watches, but nothing like this, this is just great, I've been using is since the very first day, no problems so far, easy setup, ease to navegate thru all features. I use it most in my spinning class, also while I'm running and sometimes when I play outdoor soccer, it gives you an idea of your workout. Haven't try in the pool, I'm just afraid stop working, but I'll give a try once the summer comes :). If you are planing to buy a HR Monitor watch, this is one of the best options, Timex are good, but compare with the price this is much better. Sunnto watches are nice, but to small for me, and a little bit more expensive. I love my "chaparrita".



Keyword : bike

No comments: