Thursday, September 18, 2008

Garmin Automotive Mount for nüvi

Garmin Automotive Mount for nüvi

Dash mount for Nuvi

I received the window mount with my Nuvi, but wanted the dash mount instead. The dash mount was easy to install and works great!

This is a permanent mount!

I had to buy a new NUVI mount as my original one broke after 6 months of infrequent use. The description of this mount made me think it was removable, but turns out you have to stick an adhesive on your dash. The package comes with two adhesives (one permanent, the other "removable")but the instructions don't specify which is which, so if you make the 50/50 mistake of putting the permanent adhesive on, you'll have a difficult time removing it. I returned the product to Amazon.

Garmin NUVI mount

This package is not applicable to the Nuvi 660 unit. The ball mount & sticky pads are o.k. but the interface connector is not compatible with the Nuvi 660. The interface does not match the 660 mounting features and the power connector doesn't match the cable that is shipped with the 660. The concept of being able to easily move the unit from one vehicle to the next is not as convenient as you would expect.

Use the permanent disk

I used the adhesive-disk mount for my old c340, using the permanent adhesive disk, and got a new 350 and dash mount setup. I pulled on the old mount and it wouldn't budge. I took a wide wood chisel, inserted it under the "frame" of the mount, and the mount came off with the adhesive disk still attached. I had used alcohol to degrease the dash when I had mounted it. It came off clean with no residue on the dash. I've mounted the new 350 mount in the same spot, but if I hadn't used another disk mount, noone could tell there was ever a mount in the spot. I have a 2007 Saab and there is no truly flat spot on the dash, but this mount never moved in two years. Go for the permanent adhesive mount. It's cleaner than the temporary when you remove it.

come on Amazon, check what you sell !

I recently purchased Garmin 360, plus Amazon recomended additional accessories, vehicle power cable 010-10723-06 + carrying case 010-10723-02. These items ARE also part of the GPS kit, which I returned at my own cost as Amazon determined ordering them was my own fault, and as of today credit was not issued. To add insult to injury, the included Garmin Automotive Mount for Nuvi (010-10723-04 ?) does NOT fit . Fortunately Garmin Product Support emailed me to replace same in 5-7 business days. Incidently, the GPS works great with map updates although to update took for evvvvverrrrr



Keyword : gps

No comments: