Monday, September 8, 2008

Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Dark Blue)

Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Dark Blue)

Works Perfectly!

I bought this model well over a year ago. I use it 5-6 times a week during my walks outside and indoors on the treadmill and on my stair-climber. I wanted to make sure I am working in the zone -- not too high and not too low. For me, this has been an absolutely perfect device. I wanted the watch feature (not just a heat monitor) and this model does both. It has other features I don't use as I keep it simple, yet it is still simple to use. The chest strap stays in place and is very comfortable. You can adjust it so that is fits your body. Would purchase again. I paid $70 at a local sports equipment store. You can find them cheaper on amazon and ebay.

Simple easy to use

I purchased this to monitor my HR for optimum results while jogging. It took about 5 minutes to set up and learn to use, and now I just put it on and it gives me what I need - no hassles or fumbling with buttons while I run. After using it for about 2 months I have found that some more features would be nice, like lap or split times, but that's no big deal. For the price this monitor is a great value, but now I have taken up bike riding and also need a bike computer :-) Time to do some more shopping.

Cheap Plastic

This product works just fine, but if you bump the cheap plastic face against a wall, tree, etc it scratches and ruins the watch!

Good HRM - slightly small face and stiff band

I use it for timing a workout and average heart rate. During a workout it displays whether you are under, at, or over your target heart zone. The HRM has hd no problem in picking up the heart rate signal and displaying the heart rate. It comes with a coded transmitter which is worn around the chest. At times the initial setup menus were a little confusing since there is only one button which is used to configure the watch. It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to turn off the beep each time it would pick up the heart signal. The instructions are not clear on this point. I also find the watch face slightly small for a male wrist. Polar likely had to choose a unisex size for the face. The band is a little stiff - and if you have a large wrist, you might find the band tight. Otherwise, a good, fairly stratight forward HRM.

POLAR HEART RATE MONITOR FS1

A good starter HRM. I liked that only one button is needed to access and change all the settings. However, if you want the convenience of having your HR shown as a percentage, or need a backlight because you exercise outdoors in the evenings, or track calories burned, or a unique code to prevent "crosstalk" with other HRM users close by, or be able to link to the Polar website, then this is not for you. Choose the FS2 or FS3. BOTTOMLINE: Before deciding on which HRM model to buy, define what your requirements are and check if the model you are choosing has these features.



Keyword : bike

No comments: