Thursday, September 18, 2008

Garmin Suction Cup Mount for Nuvi (010-10723-03)

Garmin Suction Cup Mount for Nuvi (010-10723-03)

Mostly good

The basic Garmin product is very good (Nuvi 350), however the windshield mounting suction cup fails repeatedly when the summer sun falls directly on it - a situation that cannot always be avoided. You come back to the car to find the GPS unit on the dashboard or on the floor. In such cases, a bit of the surface of the suction cup remains on the windshield, so that the next attempts to use it are of increasingly shorter duration. The new suction cup holds better than the old, but I suspect that with age it will also fail. It would seem to me that the cup needs to be deeper - the present one is very shallow. A SMALL amount of glycerine on JUST THE RIM of the cup seems to help. The use of the metalic windshield mounting disk seems to help only minimally. The service of the supplier used by Amazon for the replacement part was exceptional, and should be commended.

This thing broke in three days

I got same mount with my GPS unit. The mount broke in 3 days. Now I must hold the GPS or put it on passenger seat (if no passenger) and just listen to the instructions. I don't like the design. It has the extra middle unit that does nothing more but made this thing hard to use. It can be made much simpler. Why not a simple mount without the extra middle unit? You can already plug the charger to GPS power slot! Why the extra step and extra unit? This is just a waste of materials without adding additional value. I really need a mount to use the GPS. However, if I order this one and spend another $20, I would have no confidence on the new one. It may break in 3 days, or have other problems as described by the reviewers. And how about the hassle of returning a $20 thing and going through the laborious warrantee process? That was the reason I visited this accessory item. Well, after seeing all reviews, I would rather keep my $20 and save myself from some more disappointment.

Garmin accessory

Product was a replacement for one that broke. Have been very satified with it's past usage.

be careful of this

Not all cups fit all Nuvi's This one doesn't fit a 680 and you can't tell from the description.

Get the Bean bag mount instead!!!

I have had many problems with this suction cup mount, and I now have the bean bag mount. The bean bag mount is 1000 times better!! We absolutely love it and you will too.



Keyword : gps

No comments: