Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Magellan Maestro 3225 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

Magellan Maestro 3225 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

Dead on Arival

The referb unit showed up and I took it out of the box, charged it and everything looked great, but... Never will acquire satelite signal. Called Magellan, they said I had to send proof of purchase via email, and then they would get back to me within 24 hours. I called 36 hours later and resent the proof of purchase. Now 48 + hours later I am still waiting to hear from them about a RMA. So much for having this gift in time for the holidays.

Don't buy

Magellan Customer service is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They offer a free 30 day map update since all of their products ship with out of date maps. This would be a good thing except it is in the fine print of their products and their customer support email address that their website list is the wrong address. I had to get through to their customer service by posting a bad review on their website. By the time they responded my unit was beyond the 30 day limit and they refused to give me the update. This is a bad business practice. Garmin has a 60 day guarantee which is posted directly on their website in plain view.

Great price, great product!

I purchased this as a christmas gift for my father who is really into any sort of technical gadget, so I thought this would be a neat thing for him to have. When I recieved the item, I opened the box and the item looked brand new! It was in great condition, and works perfectly. The screen is bright and clear, and the touchscreen works great. I give this GPS 2 thumbs up. A great gift for anyone! I definitely recommend it!

Excellent cheap GPS!

The Magellan 3225 GPS that I received looked brand new, eventhought it was refurbished. It worked perfectly, just like the one that I broke!

Great value!

For all the technical details, you can check the review of the new unit. This Refurbished unit is nice. I can't tell it was used. Shipping from Amazon is fast, even I used free shipping. The price is awesome. I like it a lot more than the TomTom, but TomTom usually have more updated map.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: