Monday, December 1, 2008

TomTom ONE 130S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator Bundle with Case and Charger

TomTom ONE 130S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator Bundle with Case and Charger

gets me lost often

i love my tomtom, but it has got me lost almost every time i use it, it sometimes doesnt give you enough time to lane change, and will often not tell you to take an exit - just to bear right, which could mean to go around a corner, or take an exit. most of the time it gets you there in the end - but with detours

Good Basic GPS

I have used this GPS for several trips and so far, so good. Cons: 1) Like other reviewers have said, the volume could use some improvement. 2) It would be nice if a charger, other than a car charger, were provided. 3) Once charged, it only holds a charge approx. 2 hours, but if you keep it plugged into the charger, that is not so much of an issue. Pros: 1) Good price for a basic GPS System. 2) Nice features of downloading or updating maps from the website. 3) So far has recognized all the addresses I have attempted and gotten me there with no problems. The above cons are minor and the pros outweigh the cons. Overall it is good GPS at a good value. If you are looking for a basic system and don't want to spend big money, the TomTom One 130 is a good buy.

Not your best TomTom

I first tried the TomTom One 3rd edition, and although it worked rather well, it did not have spoken street names, a feature that I find very important. I returned it and ordered the TomTom One 130S since it seemed like a good price for the features offered. I noted that some of the earlier reviews were not favorable, but that the later reviews seemed to indicate that problems had been fixed, so I took the chance. Big mistake. This model should never have left the drawing board. Although this model has the "text to speech" feature that provides the spoken street names, the voice is so indistinct that it is difficult to distinguish "turn left" from "turn right" even when the volume is up all the way. After more research, I decided to order the Garmin Nuvi 360, and I have been very pleased with it. Perhaps a different model TomTom would have been better, but stay away from the 130s.

TomTom ONE 130

TomTom ONE 130 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator We have used the GPS a few times now, and it is has been reliable and correct. Without reading the manual, my family and I have had no trouble figuring out the menu items.

Great for my first GPS

This was my first GPS, as I got a great deal I wasn't going to complain. The TomTom is really easy to set up and use. The voice is easy to hear, as long as you don't "crank" your radio. The only downfall I find is if I go off the beat path, the first thing it does is try to get you back on it, and living in a crowded surburban area, most of the time I do that to avoid traffic.



Keyword : tomtom

No comments: