Monday, December 8, 2008

Navigon 2100 max 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-to-Speech, Lifetime Traffic and Fresh Maps - Special Bundle

Navigon 2100 max 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-to-Speech, Lifetime Traffic and Fresh Maps - Special Bundle

Very attractive but very disappointing POIs

I received the Navigon 2100 Max today and will return it to Amazon on Monday. I really wanted to like the unit with it's slim widescreen design, lifetime traffic, and 2 years of map upgrades. I like to march to the beat of a different drummer and tried this over a Garmin or even my beloved TomTom. I can not comment on accuracy, re routing, or overall performance of the Navigon 2100 Max. My low rating is related exclusively to the limited POIs. It was unable to locate Wal Mart, Best Buy, and a host of other well established long standing businesses in my area. By comparison, my TomTom One XL-S located all of these business that the Navigon 2100 max failed to list. Locating commonly used sometimes desperately needed POIs is as important to me as accurate navigation. When I am on the road in a strange area and I need to locate a Starbucks or Target, limited POIs is a serious flaw. To make matters MUCH worse with the 2100 Max, you can not input a business name, you can only browse POI categories. It lists very nicely lots of quick mart places, gas stations, some stores but is woefully inadequate next to my TomTom comparing them directly at the same time in the same location. I'll reiterate, unlike my TomTom, the Navigon 2100 Max does not allow you to type in any business name such as "Office Depot". A visit to the Navigon website indicates that the Navigon 5100 has this very important name search feature while the 2100 does not (something I did not even know I needed to look for based on my TomTom and Honda Odyssey experience. How does someone develop navigation with no ability to search business names?). If POIs and POI searches are not important to you, the 2100Max looks to be well built, may perform well, and has high ratings from others (I really don't like to be all negative). Another serious flaw is the cumbersome search for POIs. Under the POI search, one has to keystroke the down arrow 8 times before getting to the shopping category! Appropriately, Gas stations are listed at the top of the POI search while the all important shopping category is in the 11th location on the roster. You will scroll through rarely used categories like "motorcycle dealers", "railway station", "ATM", and "airport" before finally getting to the shopping category. It would make far more sense to put shopping in the top spot or right behind gas station or food. The listings are simply idiotic and Navigon can't even use the excuse of "they're alphabetical" to explain this away. Has anyone at Navigon used this in the real world? Why on earth would I need to scroll past motorcycle dealers in order to find a Target or a Home Depot in the shopping category? Sadly, as much as I wanted to experience the 2100, it's poor POI list, lack of POI name search, and idiotic POI icon listings renders this thing useless for me. It is going back to Amazon ASAP in exchange for another TomTom which is I am thrilled with.

My First GPS And Its Great!!!!!

This GPS does everything the $400.00 & $500.00 GPS systems do plus an whole lot more. FREE traffic updates for life & 3 years of free maps that can be downloaded whenever you want. it knows all the school zones and warn you before you get to them. The P.O.I. in this thing is the best on the market right now. The battery last an long time and getting an GPS signal at startup is real fast, less then 10 secs here in Fort. Lauderdale, Florida. The Text-To-Speech works great and is very clear even at max volume. Lane assistant and Reality View will blow your mind. If you like me and don't need the bluetooth or MP3 player build in then this GPS is for you. This is my first GPS and now I am an Navigon fan for life. Thanks Navigon for making such an great GPS and thanks Amazon.com for shipping it to me fast.

Best GPS Ever!

I just got this Navigon for my wife because the Tom Tom one she had broke down. So I wanted something new that has a nice look and work efficiently. Well this Navigon 2100max does it all. The glossy and thin look will make you think you got something very expensive when I actually paid for a very low price! The LCD screen is big enough, the map graphics and colors are excellent! Very smooth and fast! You won't have to wait for 1 min or 2 for a GPS signal! It even shows you the name of the restaurants as you are driving down the road, it shows real fast food and gas station logos. The turn to turn direction is 100% accurate unlike other GPS telling you to turn when you aren't even there yet. This machine will show you the speed limit on any road and will warn you when you go way over the speed limit, will even tell you about upcoming traffic jam and change route for you. I don't even want to mention about Exit guide! This thing can tell you what kind of restaurant or gas station or if there is a rest area in the next exit when you are on the freeway! What else can you ask! Get your money's worth with the Navigon 2100max. You will also get free update maps for 2 or 3 years! I just got another one for my sister in law and about to buy a 3rd one! Also one more thing for business people, this Navigon can log your business trip mileage! Very good for taxes purpose! I have said enough ! There are a lot more to it but I will let you guys discover it! Nick ;)

Very pleased!

I am using it for about six months. I can't find anything wrong with this unit. No problem going through NY. Highly recomded unit.

I'm very happy

I returned a previous GPS because it was slow calculating routes. The Navigon 2100 Max is much faster even re-calucating routes takes seconds. I have no problem hearing or understanding the voice commands. I am able to get traffic alerts, which is appreciated esp. since I live in a large city. I am very satisfied with my purchase. This is a lot of product for the cost.



Keyword : gps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this very interesting post
motorcycle gps mount