Friday, December 19, 2008

TomTom ONE XL-S Refurbished 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

TomTom ONE XL-S Refurbished 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

TOM TOM ONE XL-S

I purchased this as a 'refurbished' unit and it works real good. I was as little disappointed that it did not pick up some new highways in our area and when I attempted to download new maps they wanted to charge $50+ for it. I guess that is the difference between brand new and refurbished. The product does work very well.

I love my TomTom One XL-S

This is my first GPS, though I have rented a couple others when renting cars after flying to other cities. I very much like that the map gets updates from users. This said after having gotten stuck on a class 4 road in Vermont when following the directions of another GPS. I notice the TomTom map doesn't include that road. I also like that if you don't like the route that the TomTom first creates for you, you can direct it to the route you like using the "travel via" feature or creating an itinerary. I like the wide screen which helps you see the "big picture" better, and the text-to-speech feature that announces the street name of the upcoming turn.

So far so good

I just got this gps the other day. Great product for the price. I was a little nervous with it being reburbished, but so far no problems. I did free shipping with Amazon and it arrived quickly. The text to speech is a nice feature...worth paying a little more for. I've just used this around town so far, to make sure it works...so far so good. I'll be taking a trip back home two states away, it'll be nice to see how well it works then. This is my first GPS and I love it.

looks and acts like new

Wow. I have had this unit for several days now. I could not even tell it was refurbished. With the text to speech and large screen this was a super deal for the price. I saw this exact model at a local store and the price was almost tripled. Thanks amazon. p.s I gave this a 4 because i think Tomtom could have made a better dash mount for this. The suction cup sometimes looses suction and it falls over. Other than that, great product.

Exellent GPS for a great price

This is my first GPS and I think I made the right choice. What I was looking for was a wide screen and TTS. Got both for just over $100. Even though this is a refurb there is no way to tell that it is anything other than brand new! I updated the software including the most current map (v8.15 as of 12/3/08). So far the routing and timing is perfect. Today on the way to work I heard the traffic report and selected the part of my route with traffic and told the unit to avoid it. I was quickly (less then a second) rerouted to get off the next exit and take back roads the remainder of my way to work. This is the exact route I would normally take when there is heavy traffic. Routing is very quick to calculate and rerouting when I make a wrong turn is very quick too. So far I have no complaints and probably never will.



Keyword : tomtom

No comments: