Friday, June 27, 2008

Garmin nüvi 660 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 660 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

buy, cheap, premium, lowprice, low price, best, business, pesonal, car, auto, motorcycle, portable, position

GARMIN 660 NUVI

TAKES A FEW TRIPS THROUGH KNOWN ROUTES WITH CORRECTION BEFORE IT MAKES A DIRECT SHORT ROUTE WHICH IS NOT OUT OF THE WAY. DOES NOT SHOW ICONS FOR GAS, REST STOPS, OR HOSPITALS ON MAP SCREENS.

LOVE IT!!! You won't regret it! Just get a different mount.....

I love my Garmin 660! I wanted a navigator with the larger screen (it's completely worth it!) and I wanted the mp3 player. Now I don't have to get an ipod! (My car is from the stone age and only has a tape deck) This thing gets me wherever I want to go! I was suprised by the amount of small roads this has on it! Even the small dirt roads it has mapped!!! I highly recommend this navigator! But be careful of the suction cup mount for the car.....mine kept falling off no matter how I attached it. So I had to go out and buy a sand bag dash mount from Garmin instead. At least now my navigator won't keep falling onto the dash board! Haven't tried it with bluetooth, although I will soon.

Garmin nuvi 660 review

I have never used a GPS before and bought it before going on a cross country trip. I love it! I practiced using the on-screen controls and updated the maps before leaving which helped tremendously. The unit has performed flawlessly. It is easy to use and did a great job getting me pointed in the right direction even when I would take scenic detours.

Blackberry bluetooth and FM transmitter problems

It's a great overall design; very easy to use, good navigation and a nice screen. But there are two problems. It frequently repeatedly loses the bluetooth connection to my Blackberry. I suspect Blackberry's Bluetooth software is a factor since other phones work fine. Garmin suggested I update the software again (just did that a couple of weeks ago) as they said there is a new bluetooth driver that might solve that problem. The second, more serious problem is that the FM transmitter is too weak. I can't find any empty channel that is weaker than the Garmin transmitter. Garmin said there was nothing they could do about it. They claimed its strength is regulated by FCC, but I told them I have several others FM transmitters I've used that did not have that problem. Overall, it's a mixed bag. I'll probably keep it for the navigation if I can get the bluetooth connection to work with my Blackberry.

I have not been lost in over a year, and that is saying a lot.

This was actually my third GPS, and my first experience with Garmin. I have a terrible sense of direction, and I travel quite frequently for my job. My two previous models were Magellan, and the switch to Garmin came when the touch screen on my Magellan started to go. Thanks to a Best Buy 4 year coverage plan I was able to walk out with a brand new Nuvi 660, and I swear by it. It is incredibly accurate, has a very extensive (and reasonably up-to-date) list of points of interest, and has a healthy collection of extra features (so many in fact that there are many I will never even think to use). It continues to amaze me just how frequently it comes in handy. Whether I need a post office, a gas station because I'm on empty, a cup of coffee in the morning, or somewhere to eat for dinner, it provides a remarkable number of options. It makes travel simpler and more comfortable to put it simply, particularly when you're unfamiliar with an area/route. A welcome convenience is the bluetooth option, which I felt I would not use until hands free became a state law in NJ. Now I keep it plugged in even when I know where I'm going because I can receive incoming calls without picking up my cell phone. It can make understanding each other a bit more complicated, but that is a flaw of every blue tooth item I have tried to date. Generally speaking, the routes are logical and the estimated time of arrival is within reason, though you will find it changes as lights, traffic, speed variation, and other factors throw it off a bit. The main draw for me was the relatively wide array of points of interest, the large display screen, and the solid reputation. I have not been disappointed and I continue to appreciate my Garmin Nuvi 660 on a daily basis. The fact that I have not been lost in well over a year is truly nothing short of a miracle. The negatives that exist with this model are particular to GPS' in general - broken signal in major cities/deep tunnels, occasional illogical local routes, it occasionally takes a few minutes to pick up a signal when first turned on, somewhat inaccurate estimated time of arrival, and rare recommendations to turn down a one way road.



Keyword : gps

No comments: