Saturday, June 28, 2008

Magellan RoadMate 1412 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan RoadMate 1412 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

buy, cheap, premium, lowprice, low price, best, business, pesonal, car, auto, motorcycle, portable, position

GPS Travel Mate Navigater

Only a week I had this. Did not have any problem setting up. Easy to read, Easy to see map and roads, Tested few trips Acuracy is very good no complaints yet.

Returned it, half-disgusted

I was going on a trip and my Sanyo (my review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1IQ2MOBUMBWBQ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm) conked out a few days earlier, so I rushed to CCity and bought this unit at $250. It seemed to work OK, except that it was slower at (re)calculating routes than the Sanyo. Also, at a couple exits I took off I-15N close to Mesquite, the unit returned "No POIs for this exit." The problem came when I was driving out of Page, AZ toward the Grand Canyon South Rim. The unit told me to take Coppermine Road for 42 miles and then join US-89. Worked fine for 15 miles or so - but after that, the paved road ended, and the rest of the path was dirt track!! Not something to be driven on in a Pontiac Grand Am (tried for 6 miles). Was turned back by a wise Native American (this is Navajo territory after all), who made his disgust for the GPS well-known. I later found out that if instead of starting down Coppermine Road, I had made a right, US-89 was just a couple miles away. Incidentally, at the start of Coppermine Road, I made a (wrong) left - the GPS showed me (the arrow) as perpendicular to Coppermine Road, but it was just slow to adjust to my car's movement (should have seen the road signs, my bad). I ended up going down US-98 for 15 miles, as Magellan said I could take a right and join Coppermine Road. Except - the right was into a fenced-off farm!! I got such repeated non-existent turns all along US-98, till I returned to Coppermine Road. On the plus side - the 1412 performed reasonably well back in Las Vegas, even pointing me to an Indian restaurant at the Rio. Still, I returned the 1412 to CCity, and will be sending my Sanyo in for warranty service (truthfully, not sure how it would have performed in Page). In the mean time, I will buy a Rand McNally map... One of the guides I picked up in Page showed Coppermine Road properly as partly "unimproved road." Guess I should not have relied entirely on the GPS system.

The Best for your hard work money

Can you find anything like the Magellan RD 1412 for less than $200 bucks? no i don't think so 4.3 Screen 6 Million POIs Text to speech Fast satellites. and it's Magellan.

For the money!

I've be a user of GPS units for many years. The positive reviews offered here seem to be complete and accurate; the few negative reviews don't take into consideration the cost of this unit, so I will just touch on several points to help round out the overview of this product. FOR THE MONEY, this product is fantastic; I think the best on the market. Very bright display, very simple, very accurate. The text to voice on this unit is one of the clearest and most pleasantly synthesized provider of information that I've run into. Heck, I think you could turn this unit upside down on the seat next to you and reach your destination without effort. This unit is so new that all of the newest maps come loaded into it. I live in a fast growing Phoenix Metro area where highways are always coming on line and everything is here. I must have been one of the earliest purchasers of this product because there was only one review at the time. I waited until now to fully use and review. Multiple destinations, a great address book setup, simple to change things on the fly, I must recommend this product. There may be slightly better products with more features for more money, but if you want a real performer that is heads and heals above other units at this price point, you can't go wrong here.

Got this one [...]...Love it!!!

[...] The first piece I got, I was very frustrated with it. I couldn't get it to work...good thing it has the graphic display to show which/how many satellites are locked in. Mine didn't have any locked in to the GPS. I realized immediately that the product was defective and I got it replaced the next day. I love the feature to set the GPS location manually (through "user options"). So sometimes when you turn it on, at far distant place from where you turned it off, the GPS will know approximately where you are so that it can lock in with the satellites quickly. It is a great feature. I also like the screen size...the beep before each turn and the 6 million POIs. I also like the feature that when a bifurcation appears on freeway, it tells you to stay on the road with the name. I have used some GPS which just tells you to stay on the road (without the name) and it is confusing because I could have already jumped onto the lane which is about to merge onto some other freeway. I haven't used the trip planner...I'll update my reviews someday when I use it.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: