Monday, June 30, 2008

TomTom GO 720 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

TomTom GO 720 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

TomTom support is not worth the price

I am on my second TomTom product and have been moderately satisfied with the products. I have always had trouble acquiring a signal and it often takes two to three minutes to acquire a signal. That alone makes it impossible to navigate out of an unfamiliar airport. But once the unit catches on it works fairly well. I am most recently disappointed with TomTom support. I purchased an updated North America map and have had great difficulty downloading it. Also, I purchased the map at full price and it was discounted within a week. Because TomTom considers a download attempt, "breaking the seal", they will not honor the discounted price. I will not purchase another TomTom nor will I recommend TomTom to anyone I know who is in the market for a GPS machine. If you do purchase a TomTom, ALWAYS read the agreements, word-for-word and do not pay full price for anything.

Tom Tom

Took this Tom-Tom on a trip out of state to an unfamiliar area. It was a real lifesaver. Can't say that I was real fond of some of the areas it sent us through at night but I guess it doesn't know about those things. Well worth the money spent on it. Now, if my husband can just figure out how to use the blue tooth function making his phone hands free as required by our state July 1 - the reason I bought it for him in the first place - we will really be in business!

VERY STAISFIED CUSTOMER!

I purchased this GPS system after talking to my son who owns the same GPS. He did alot of research before purchasing this particular brand & model. It is all he said it was. We used it on vacation a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic!! I never knew traveling could be so easy. I highly recommend this GPS to others. It has alot of wonderful features, very accurate directions, very easy to understand, and very easy to use. It was also a very pleasant buying experience.....reasonable price & quick shipping. Will definitely buy from again. Thanks!

Kay

I purchased the TomTom 720 at the last minute and paid for expedited shipping. The respose from Amazon was the it would arrive in 3 to 5 working days after the purchase. The 3 day time was OK, but the 5 was too late for a trip I was taking. I called the company phone number, and they indicated it had been shipped. They e-mailed the UPS tracking number (through Amazon) to me. I was able to determine that it would arrive in time for my trip. It actually arrived in 2 working days after the purchase. I am very happy with the GPS as well as the company that handled the purchase.TomTom GO 720 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Originally 5 stars, finally 1

When I first bought this product, it worked as advertised and I was very satisfied. Over 6 months, the power button began to stick and the unit would freeze up often when I needed it most. In the last week, the touch screen alignment went out, meaning there was no way to make choices. So, I finally give the unit 1 out of 5 since it lasted only 6 months. From the 'net I see that I am not alone in being ripped off by this low quality but high priced device. I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 770 and hope for better things given their reputation in aviation.



Keyword : tomtom

No comments: