Monday, August 4, 2008

Garmin 010-00466-00 Forerunner 205 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer

Garmin 010-00466-00 Forerunner 205 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer

High Performer @ Great Price

I bought the Garmin Forerunner 205 back in January 2008 for $150 w/ free shipping. I read a lot of reviews on multiple models by several manufacturers. I picked the Garmin for accuracy and holding satellites. It is a little large (physically) but when your running you don't notice it because it is light. There's endless options yet it is VERY simple to setup and use. The owner's manual is great and the 10-hour battery life (rechargeable) is extremely conservative. I've gotten the low battery warning right after starting a run and have had no issues running another two hours. I like how customizeable it is. The auto pause/resume feature is great when running in the city and the auto lap option keeps you on target (if that's what you want). The only time I lose satellites is indoors and under very large and low overpasses. Other than that it tracks continuously. Excellent piece and the street price makes it even better.

Great Product

This is a great product. I use the Garmin 305 with the heart rate monitor. I purchased the 205 for my wife. She does not use the heart rate monitor. It works like a charm. Now I don't have to share mine. She loves it. It has motivated both of us to start running again. It gives you all the information you could possibly want in an exercise tool.

Garmin Forerunner 205 - Very Cool

The Garmin Forerunner 205 is a very cool running aid. Now I know: how fast I am going, how far I have gone, how many miles I have run since I started using the Garmin, and there are additional features that I have not even explored. The Garmin is very easy to use and has been absolutely trouble free. This was definitely worth the money.

Improved my running!

I love my Garmin. My only complaint is that it takes about a minute to find a satellite in New York City - but that's probably a flaw with the city and not the Garmin. It's a teeny bit bigger than I'd like, but it has really pushed me to run faster and more consistently. It freed me up to get off the treadmill and get outside. I've never used a competitor, so I can't compare it to that, but if you're considering going from nothing to a Garmin, I say go for it!

Must Need Watch for Running/Training!

I was skeptical about buying a GPS watch since I am new to the daily running routine. Training for my first marathon, I felt this was a little over the top for some one with my experience. However, after buying the Garming 205, I realized how helpful it really is for people of all experience levels and I do not know how I could have gotten along without it. This watch is easy to use (I was able to figure it all out within 30 minutes). It is helpful for recording your miles to log for the month. It shows my pace and then I can pick it up when I think I need to. Basically, it is like having a little trainer on your wrist. I love it! If you are teetering between the Garmin 101 and the 205 like I was, spend a little more for the 205. The 101 requires batteries and they can run out at inopportune times like I have seen happen.



Keyword : gps

No comments: