Monday, August 4, 2008

Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer with Heart Rate Monitor

Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer with Heart Rate Monitor

Garmin 305

I bought this as a gift for a cousin who runs marathons. She has loved it! She said it will take some time to figure out everything she wants it to do because there is just so much it can do. She has been tracking her time/mile and heart rate and enjoys comparing from run to run on the computer.

Garmin GPS runner's log and watch

I bought these Garmins as birthday presents for my two daughters...... they are both overjoyed with the results and the increased motivation it gives to their outdoor activity, long distance runs and biking..... wish I had had this gadget when I could do some daily serious running, back in the seventies and eighties...

Garmin 305 - great product

I typically have used Polar heart rate monitors. However, they didn't do all of the things I was looking to do (like GPS, proper pacing, alerts), so I switched to this Garmin. What a difference!! Not to disparage the Polars because they too are a decent product, but the 305 is an amazing piece of equipment. Sure it does the usual things -- heart rate, time, laps, etc -- but it is the integration of alerts, pacing, direction (I'm never lost anymore) that makes it an absolute must-have training tool. I love this 305.

Great Product

This procut is great, I have made great use of all the features, the GPS reception is great anywhere, and it is more comfortable than it looks. The only drawback is battery life, I can get 2 workouts maximum on one charge.

Awesome

I've used this for about a month now and it is awesome! Having barely scratched the surface of all it has to offer in the way of training tools I find it to be indispensable for my running/biking. My wife has a Garmin Forerunner 101 that she used to love, she now covets this...lol We both start our watches at the same time and the 305 beats the 101 every time(by a long stretch)in locking onto the satellites. Heart rate monitor seems to be very accurate, it has occasional "brain farts" but then settles right back to where my normal heart rate is as tested the old school way (two fingers on the artery). I am thrilled I waited to purcahse as with the release of the new Garmin the price on the 305 plummeted.



Keyword : gps

No comments: