Thursday, August 28, 2008

SkyCaddie SG4 Golf GPS (Gray/Black)

SkyCaddie SG4 Golf GPS (Gray/Black)

Terry Cassidy

This product is complete garbage. I received one for Fathers Day, it rarely locks onto satellite effectively or quickly enough to use, the clip on the back is cheap plastic and I have already been through two (3 rounds of golf). It was a complete mistake to not get the range finder I wanted.

Rarely Locks Onto a Position Before I Am Ready to Hit the Ball

I have had my SG 4 for over a year now and have played numerous rounds of golf with it with almost the same results. It very rarely is able to lock onto my position before I am ready to hit the ball, whether I am walking or riding in a cart. The courses that I play are fairly open with few trees. I have attached the SkyCaddie to my cart and have worn it on my belt. It doesn't seem to make any difference in its ability to give me yardage. I am very disappointed in the ability of the device to do what it is advertised to do.

Poor product terrible quality and customer service

Don't buy SkyCaddie or other SkyGolf Product! I am on a quest to warn people about SkyGolf / SkyCaddie. I bought an SG4 mainly because of the SD RAM expansion slot which I have several adds saved where it is promised that this slot allows you to save more courses; LIE, the slot does nothing, never did.I have called SkyCaddie about this many times and have been promised a solution over and over. At this point it is too late, there are way too many better technologies on the market. On top of it all I had a terrible time finding and maintaining satellite connections. uPro is the unit I like best and, after I purchased it, I sent them an e-mail support question and they got back with me within 24 hours - ON A SUNDAY! I waited for weeks and never received promised call-backs from SkyGolf. Their customer support is a joke; I suspect that their business model will not be sustainable since they will soon not be able to charge people $30.00 a year. I believe that this puts SkyGolf at risk of going out of business as their business model requires that people continue to be willing to pay this outrageous fee. I have never used the GolfBuddy, but plan to buy one soon for traveling as it has 20,000 courses pre-loaed. There are others, such as iGolf, which are far less expensive than the SkyCaddie. I think that SkyGolf thought that their IntelliGreen patents would give them a sustainable advantage; fortunately uPro has blown that technology out of the water. In short, SkyGolf was early, but is not the technology leader , pricing leader or customer service leader (in fact I have rarely, if ever, dealt with a company with worse customer service). BTW, if anyone wants a used SG4 for Cheap, I got one that will be selling used

Very poor gps

I dont think I have ever wasted more money in my life than on this product. Reception is extremely poor even after continually resetting the unit and sending it to skygolf for a repair. Yardages are as much as 15 yards off and fluctuate when I am standing still. Its am embarassment everytime a golfer asks me for a yardage and have to say I have no reception (on a cloudless day). The only reason I even try to play with it at this point is to spread the word about what a bad product this is

charger

The charger hook up on the back is hard to insert. Overall it works well



Keyword : skycaddie

No comments: