Friday, August 1, 2008

Garmin Portable Friction Dashboard Mount for Nüvi Series and StreetPilot C5XX Series GPS Navigators (C530, C550 and C580)

Garmin Portable Friction Dashboard Mount for Nüvi Series and StreetPilot C5XX Series GPS Navigators (C530, C550 and C580)

A Little pricey But Excellent

I bought this mount to go with my Nuvi GPS. I had to get a replacement after someone smashed the window of my car and stole my Garmin 320. While the Nuvi comes with a suction mount, I prefered not to use it. A suction mount loses it's effectiveness over time. It leaves a mark on the windshield. To extend the life of a suction mount, it's best to not remove it very often. This advertises the fact you have a GPS in your car to potential thieves. I travel a lot so I have to take my Garmin with me. This friction mount is perfect. It's easy to use and doesn't smear up anything. It is absolutely rock steady under normal driving conditions. Adjusting the position is easy. Once I'm done using it, I just drop it on the floor of my front passenger seat. (I put my Nuvi elsewhere.) I thought the price a little high but it's a lot easier to use than a suction mount. It's also a whole lot cheaper than a new GPS and replacing a car window! :-)

Works great!

I decided to try this dashboard mount based on other reviews. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and so far, I'm very impressed. It took awhile for me to figure how to make it easy, but now I love that I can put the whole contraption on the floorboard when not in use, so others don't know it's in my car. AND, I don't have to hook it to the windshield. I can move it anyplace that's more convenient for the situation (like when both my husband and myself want to look at it at the same time). It was a good buy!

Not very Impressed

I bought this item with my Garmin 350 GPS, but was not very impressed. It works ok but the size is too big and takes too much room on dash board. Space on dash board is not an issue but doesn't look nice while it is on dash board. It has good weight and wouldn't move while driving, which is its best feature. The manufacturer should think about reducing its size, since its a nice idea.

works advertised

only used it for a month so far but delivers as expected - makes it easy to use the nuvi 760 and transfer from car to truck to rental car. Mount never moves a bit. highly recommended.

Garmin Nuvi Dashboard Mount

Just got this mount for our Garmin last month and LOVE it! Easy to use and does the job perfectly. We especially like the fact that it's completely portable so we can use it in any car. We would recommend this type of mount to anyone looking for a mount for their GPS.



Keyword :

No comments: