Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Intellinav One Portable GPS Navigation System

Intellinav One Portable GPS Navigation System

Great GPS Unit

I've owned the Intellinav One for a year now and it works great. When I first purchased the unit, I doubted the directions it gave me and ended looking like a fool. If your looking for a nice unit this is the one to have. Tips on using a GPS unit. *The unit is only as smart as the user. If you doing 60mph on a side street, don't be surprised if you passed up your turn. Intellinav will tell you "In 500' turn right onto ???". If you speeding at 60 mph you'll pass it before it's finished speaking. * Remember to check your route settings. If your select Highway only, then it will calculate the quickest highway route instead of the shortest. Remember shorter isn't always faster. I hope this helps all future buyers.

Well featured product with excellent support.

I purchased this unit eight months ago and have used it extensively on short drives and longer (over 600 mile) trips. I've used several GPS units previously, though this is the first I have had that was purpose-built for use in an automobile. During the time that I've used the unit Netropa has issued two software updates that seem to have resolved all of the software operating issues I had previously encountered. The strongest features of this unit are the text-to-speech, multiple map views, straight forward interface, fast route recalculation, and loud, clear speaker volume. Minor annoyances are a touch screen that occasionally doesn't respond to input, maybe 5% of the time I need to press the screen again. The Detour function doesn't allow for much fine tuning - there are three default distances that you can choose from for avoiding a stretch of road. The Quickest routing logic sometimes takes a route that probably isn't actually the quickest. I should point out that this normally occurs when two alternatives are fairly close in time to travel, and either way it gets you where you want to go. What I found most appealing about the Intellinav All-in-One was the list of useful navigation features and absence of extra features that would never be used, all for a reasonable price. The technical support has been excellent. It is an easy to use device with essential features. Lastly, don't consider an automotive GPS without Text-to-Speech, that feature goes a long way toward clearing up where to turn in dense neighborhoods where streets are impossible to judge based on direction to "turn right in 500 feet".

I'm Finally Not Lost!

I am directionally challenged! I love the voice telling me where to turn and go. It doesn't always give the perfect directions, but it sure helps when you are in unfamiliar territory. It works very easily for my husband. I have a bit more trouble with it. The voice is very easily understood and gives street names and let's you know when the turn is coming up. We looked at other, more well known brands, but this seemed to have the features we thought would help me the most, and it gives the same info as Mapquest on the internet.

Seattle to PA with Missy

We bought the Intellivav (our first GPS) for our Seattle to PA (see a lot of national parks-6500 mile, five week cross-country with the kids) move this past summer. I was impressed that the unit took the baking it did-up on the dash in the sun in the desert-it became too hot to touch but kept working. We did need to reboot it every couple of weeks or so when the the screen froze up or the trip calculations stopped calculating, but it always came back up OK with destination and itinerary info. intact. Annoying part:touch screen beeps every time you touch it-should beep only on executed actions, however directions were very good. Even though it did send us to the wrong side of the river in Portland OR & got a bit confused on the park roads on the South Rim of Grand Canyon it always eventually recalculated and got us where we needed to go. Itinerary function needs some work. Bottom line: won't leave home without it.

Original unit failed and replacement unit failed

Purchased the Intellinav ONE back in February. Shortly after using the unit for business travel it continuously locked up and froze. Had to send the unit back to Intellinav for a new unit. The replacement unit failed on my first trip. Now Intellinav nor the company I purchased the unit thru will provide a refund. I spent a lot of time researching and thought I made a good purchase compared to other units on the market. Now I will look to buy a proven and reliable brand.



Keyword : netropa

No comments: