Saturday, August 23, 2008

Garmin Forerunner 301 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer with Heart Rate Monitor

Garmin Forerunner 301 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer with Heart Rate Monitor

Love this product!

After reading the various reviews online, I bought the 301 and I absolutely love it!! It took only a few minutes to acquire a signal. I turned it on when I started my warm-up and it was ready before I was done. It was extremely accurate and measured my heart rate well. The online software was easy to install and use (though it installed more easily on my XP than on my Vista). The product does everything I hoped it would. Prior to purchasing, I considered the newer 305. Even though the 305 has the ability to more readily read a weak signal and looks a little cooler, it also has a shorter charge life and costs twice as much. So I opted for the 301 and have no regrets.

Garmin 301 GPS system

I had trouble charging the unit from the start with the AC adapter. I got it to charge twice through the computer. Now it won't charge at all. The two times I did get to use it were very cool. It showed pace and mileage and when downloaded to the computer showed the route I ran. But I cannot get the unit to turn on or charge again. I'm very disappointed.

A fantastic product

I absolutely love this product! I am not a runner, but do at times run. The only flaw with this product I have noticed is that when I run, the heart monitor does not read accurately. I believe it is from the movement of running (and/or jumping). It works perfectly when I am walking/biking/rowing, etc. (activities that do not have jumping involved). The one thing I learned when trying to obtain a GPS signal is to keep it in one spot without moving it until it receives a signal. I have had it a couple of months now and just love it. I find the software program very useful as well. I love the fact it shows distance, calories burned, heart rate, pace, speed, elevation, etc. It is an excellent guide to helping me with reaching my goals...whether it be my target zone or pace. It is unbelievable to me that people complain and expect to get a GPS signal inside! Unless one has satellites in a building, the Garmin won't pick up a signal. Trees at times can also get in the way. Again, common sense. If the satellite signal can't reach the Garmin, how can it work properly. When that happens, I have noticed that the Garmin will slow my pace down because it's trying to catch up with the signal then as soon as I hit a clearing...boom. It's catches up with itself. That may bother some, but not me. It doesn't happen often. I make sure to take a pretty clear route. Don't expect it to work well in a forest with a ton of trees. All in all, it's a great product. I've told all my friends about it. I don't ever want to be without it.

Garmin Forerunner 301

Great product. Only wish that they had a more detailed local map. Otherwise, great features and great training tool for running marathons.Garmin Forerunner 301 Wrist-Mounted GPS Fitness Computer with Heart Rate Monitor

Garmin GPS

Nice little gizmo for training purposes. Little big and clunky for the wrist. Will not work until satellites are collected, so turn on early if you are trying to record exact distances and time. Lots of features, don't use all of them yet, still learning, but would be very handy for serious training. Battery holds well and nice recharge system. Downloadable to see routes and sessions- very impressive and able to see progress. Good value for the money.



Keyword : gps

No comments: