Sunday, August 3, 2008

Garmin 2009 City Navigator NT North America Map Update for Garmin GPS Units, DVD (010-10989-01)

Garmin 2009 City Navigator NT North America Map Update for Garmin GPS Units, DVD (010-10989-01)

Dont Waste your Time or Money

The 2009 update purchased for my Nuvi 260 wiped out all of my data and maps, and then produced a popup error indicating the application had failed when attempting to load new map data. I tried multiple computers and different usb cables. Wasted hours only to render a previously working gps unit inoperable. I can't believe that as mature as this market should be by now that Garmin cannot produce a simple map upgrade that works.

Jerry Mountjoy

Took quite a while to install, as others have noted, but didn't lose any previously saved data. Just completed a 5,000+ mile trip throughout the West and Mid-West. Each morning we plugged in our day's destination(s) and let Nuvi lead the way. It worked wonderfully with a few minor exceptions. We need to learn how to exclude back country dirt roads because several times it guided us to those. Oh, and Tucson AZ's central freeway offramps have been closed for about a year and are expected to be closed for another 18 months, but the new map info didn't pick that up and didn't offer alternates. Since we were looking for a specific destination there, we ended up buying a map at a gas station. Even so, Nuvi saved us a lot of headaches. It was well worth having. The one thing I can't say for sure is the level of improvement over last year's maps, since I didn't use them for this same trip last year.

Garmin 2009 City Navigator Update Map for Nuvi 670

The map has been updated so that "Jill" gives better directions in some cases; however, we have noticed some definite glaring errors. As we were driving back from Las Vegas yesterday, Jill told us to get off the I-15, follow the freeway on a road that ran parallel to it, and then get back on the I-15 less than a mile away. We, of course, did not follow her directions since we knew the interstate was where we wanted to be and it was clear, but what about someone who doesn't know the area? All in all, however, we are happy with the map and love the Garmin Nuvi 670.

the new disk update

everything loaded up ok and the gps seems to run well,but on the first try out the gps lead me to a dead end street and then said to turn left where the turn was obviously taken out a few years ago.I turned back and the gps then found a new route that was correct.I have a c530, a great machine but the memory was too small to accomodate the entire update, I had too choose one of 4 limited choices. My thoughts?,everything works but with disapointments along the way.

Garmin 550 Zumo upgrade

The upgrade went very smoothly. Drop the CD in and follow the prompts, with your Zumo connected. It takes a long time. I wasn't timing it but I think it was well over an hour. I think that's just an artifact of the Garmin containing full maps of the U.S... which is one of the nice things about the Garmin, i.e. not having to load different map modules if you are traveling over a wide range of states. My only dissatisfaction was that for an upgrade, I thought it a bit pricey, but the maps were very complete. It contained maps of areas that were relatively new and not on the previous release I had. Good product though pricey.



Keyword : gps

No comments: