Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SkyCaddie SG5 Golf GPS (Black)

SkyCaddie SG5 Golf GPS (Black)

Great Golf GPS system

My children purchase the SG5 for father's day. It was a great surprise. The real surprise is how well the system works. It is easy to read in the sun light and it is very accurate. I would recommend this to anyone. I really like the SG5

Failed to load

Bought it, tried to load it. The website said it needed to load the Onyx color scheme and proceeded to erase the programming in the unit and freeze. After several tries I returned it to the dealer and tried a new unit. Same thing. Customer service said that it was my antivirus or the settings in my IE that caused the failure. After resetting everything the way they wanted, it still did not work. Then they told me that when that happens you have to send it back to them to fix! They should warn you to change the settings BEFORE you try to set up your unit! Not after. BTW I was following the instructions to the letter, not trying to wing it. It's going back to the dealer. I'll try the Upor next.

Works as Advertised

When I received the SG5, I immediately charged it up and played the next day. The distances were very accurate...validated by my laser and the cart GPS. It certainly came in handy in places where the laser would not have, such as times with no direct line of site to the pin. I've now played about 6 times and have experienced no problems. I just learned before my last couple of outings of the ability to use it at most driving ranges! The distances to the flags were accurate and it made it easy to switch targets without having to laser the individual flags or check & pace off distances from the plaques at the range. The Onyx style looks great!

Works Perfectly

I read a lot of reviews and had some concerns but went ahead and bought the SG-5 anyway. I link to my Mac and it works flawlessly. Many of my regular playing partners are using laser range finders but I think that this unit is easier to use - you just glance at it - and helps speed of play. I am careful about protecting my stuff so I just bought a LowePro digital camera case (REZO 50) and the SG5 just squeezes into it. Lowepro Rezo 50 Camera Bag I recommend this without reservation.

Very happy with purchase

Setup was quick, accurate, large database, intuitive interface, belt clip works very well. Cannot really fault this unit so far, admittedly only used it twice, have not asked for a course to be mapped so not sure how long it takes. I also have a sureshot and this is a far superior product. I am happy with the purchase, though a word to the wise, I bought on ebay for $100 less than on Amazon. Not sure why the people were giving one star to this.



Keyword : gps

No comments: