Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garmin Edge 305HR+ GPS Navigator and Bicycle Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence Sensor

Garmin Edge 305HR+ GPS Navigator and Bicycle Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence Sensor

Round One

I had a bad experience with the first mountain biking ride. The Edge 305 shut off repeatedly with every bump. Garmin sent a postage paid return label and will send a new unit. Stay tuned for "Round Two"

Great product

So far so good. I have had numerous cycling computers and this one is the best by far. Collects all of the data I need. Wireless is, so far, flawless. Garmin Training Center software is intuitive and easy to navigate. Would definitely recommend this product.

Edge 305 Outstanding Training GPS

When I purchased the Edge 305 I had certain requirements in mind and the Edge 305 met all of them. It has worked flawlessly since I installed it. I have not had any problems other than one user error. Setup was easy and it finds a signal even under the trees. I highly recommend this as a training aid and all round bike computer.

Finally, a bike computer worth the price

I have used all of the latest and greatest bike computers for ten years and this is the first one I would say is worth the price. With the big caveat of not being a power meter, this computer has everything you could want in one package with a great pc download and interface. What I find especially enjoyable is that this computer can functions well at any level of interaction. You can do intervals and monitor your cadence or you can just go out and spin and not think about it. Either way, the computer is recording all of the data for your log when you want to look at it.

Edge 305

The edge 305 HR has potential. It has all the functions that one would need, HR, Elev., Ability to save courses and routes ran etc.. The problem comes with their mapping. The Training center for the computer has a base map that only shows major roads. Thus you need to go thru a 3rd party mapping site to create or mark your course. (or buy another map from garmin at $100+) The battery might last 6 hours - cross your fingers. I turned off my garmin once mid ride to save battery. When I turned it back on the ride totals were all messed up. It did not save. As far as support, so far I have found out how to do things by looking through other forums then going through garmin. Garmin has yet to come up with correct solutions. It has potential. Id just hate to spend $650 on the 605/705 to see if things got better.



Keyword : gps

No comments: