Saturday, August 23, 2008

4UCam 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Touch Screen with Wireless BACKUP CAMERA Day & Night MP3, Image Viewer, Video Player

4UCam 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Touch Screen with Wireless BACKUP CAMERA Day & Night MP3, Image Viewer, Video Player

First Impression

I've only been using this a few days, but so far, disappointed. The installation was pretty straightforward, but not perfect. In CA the camera blocks part of the registration stickers on upper lic. plate. On some trucks you may not be able to use the lower lic. plate mount. The camera signal seems verrrry sensitive. Sometimes the screen flickers so much it is almost useless. This is my first GPS, so I don't know how they compare. They use DESTINATOR7 software. Seems like there are still bugs in it. Not all screen controls work and not all directions are accurate. I'm still fine tuning, but so far DOESN'T seem WORTH THE $300 (?)

4UCam GPS/Backup camera

I waited to write this review to make sure this product was as good as it seemed. We bought a 2006 Tacoma that had no navigation or backup camera like our Pilot does that is built in. I researched alot of GPS's as I did not want separate monitors on dash. I also needed to change the setting to get the backup camera on the screen after we added dual headset DVD's and hardwired XMradio it no longer would show image on screen..I e-mailed Joe and had an answer within hours. The navigation has been as good as the one in our Honda..it has been really reliable..the hardest thing is hearing the speech as it is not like a built in that cuts off the stereo sound but you can still see the screen just fine. I can even tell how fast my husband is really going when not using the mapping feature :)4UCam 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Touch Screen with Wireless BACKUP CAMERA Day & Night MP3, Image Viewer, Video Player

Great GPS, Backup Camera System.

Great concept if you don't want to add a 2nd screen on your dashboard for your backup video. Great value considering most backup cameras and video sell for around $150. Your get a nice GPS for another $100. Text-to-speech feature works great, and the GPS also dims automatically at night. You usually find these features in higher end systems. I had trouble getting the video. There are 2 channels (for an additional camera). I've sent an email explaining my problem and within the hour I received a response with instructions in how to fix the problem. That's great customer service!!! All I had to do was change the channel. Sounds easy, but that part of the set up menu, was in Chinese. That's why I never figured it out on my own. One thing I would like to improve on, is on the "status bar" at the bottom. The characters are a bit small, that includes the directions, next turn, speed and time remaining. Most GPS use a dark bar with big characters that are easy to read. Maybe in the future with a software upgrade this may change. I would definitely buy this product again. Besides, most of the popular GPS don't offer the backup camera, so there aren't many choices out there. One more thing, the camera works great in the dark.

Please see product demo video for this wonderful product

Watch Video Here: www.amazon.com/review/R18FI2ZHR8FB56 You will see how this system works in day time and night vision mode in this demo video. Wonderful concept, great product. This product has been selected by G4TV as "latest must-have tech gadgets" feature product. See link below. [...]



Keyword :

No comments: