Friday, August 1, 2008

Bracketron UFM-100BL Nav-Mat GPS Friction Dash Pad

Bracketron UFM-100BL Nav-Mat GPS Friction Dash Pad

Good Product and Good Price

I found this exact item at Target for $40!! I was very excited to find this deal. It was a gift for my mother who enjoys using it.

A good product that is NOT compatible with the TomTom 920's mount

I bought this with the TomTom 920 - the pad is great, it's very heavy and very high-friction. I've had it at a 45 degree angle and it still won't budge, even when I'm driving. The problem is that the beanbag ring around the pad where you attach the suction cup is taller than the TomTom 920's included suction mount, so there's no room for the TomTom itself, unless you angle the screen up, over the ring. The screen ends up angled so high you can't see it. The only way around this is to get a new mounting kit for the GPS, or to buy a different pad. I'd recommend this pad if it fit the TomTom, however - it works great, and fits in my glovebox despite being big.

A helpful accessory to our GPS

To avoid sticking our TomTom to our windshield via suction cup, we purchased this friction dash pad, which seems to be essentially a very heavy bag filled with sand perhaps, that sits on your dashboard. The inner circle connects to your GPS via a twist and lock suction, and holds it secure. It certainly seems strong enough for the job, although we had a bit of a hard time initially getting our GPS to secure properly - there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether or not it will stick, although my husband has had more success than I have. It's possible that we'll eventually figure out our problem and feel silly for having the issue at all, but who knows? My biggest problem with this unit is that it's a bit big, and I'm never sure where to put it when we get out of the car. I feel like leaving it on the dashboard is not much better than the "suction ring" on the windshield we were trying to avoid (to prevent break ins). We've tried leaving it on the floor, out of sight, but like most cars the floor of our car is a bit dirty and I worry that getting bits of sand attached to it might scratch our dashboard or else make it not stick as well, etc. However, we do like the pad a lot and continue to use it, we're just still deciding exactly how we want to store it. No big deal.

Bracketron UFM-100BL NAV-Mat

This Mat works great. It stay's any place you put it. The price is great also. Wal Marts price is about $40.00 and Bust Buy's price is $49.99

Affordable and easy

When used with a standard windshield mount and Magellan 4150 with Traffic Kit, this thing is stable, easy to manage and doesn't slip on the dash of my Subaru Forester. When I tried the 'heavy duty' extended windshield mount instead, having the center of gravity too far from the center of the Nav-Mat did cause it to move some when accelerating from a stop. With the Nav-Mat I can use my GPS at-will rather than having to think ahead about putting the windshield mount on the window.



Keyword : gps

No comments: