Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nextar 3.5-Inch Touch Screen GPS Vehicle Navigator With MP3 Player

Nextar 3.5-Inch Touch Screen GPS Vehicle Navigator With MP3 Player

Worth the money

The Nextar x3-03 is probably the best buy out there because it does include an a/c and d/c adapter and a cover along with free map upgrades when available - so they claim. The ac adapter is a benefit for outside sales people (real estate agents) so that you can program all your stops before hand. I recently purchase the tomtom and navignon and found them to be very useless especially the navignon because of the voice directions. It gave me about 5 steps when entering and leaving a ramp from the highway and I felt it would be really confusing if I did not know where I was. In addition to that, the navignon for some reason was trying to reroute me down streets I already knew they were dead ends. I return the tomtom and navignon back to staples and kept my Nextar. The beauty of the nextar is in its simplicity. The prompts are at the right time without added conversation! It is very easy to select your your next location within seconds while at a traffic light - or rather I should say parked in a safe location. Entering address information was much easier than the others because of the simple predictive text which looks up streets as you are typing them in like Pac for pacific - the navigon would pull up wolfpack once you starting typing and that to me was no useful. If you need a tool, the nextar is it, if you need a toy and graphics and more of what you don't need and less of what you really need, then I would certainly go back and purchase the tomtom and navigon. The sound and graphics are pretty cool. The downside, I do not believe there is any quality control and be prepared to send a unit or two back. I originally purchased mine at Kmart which has a very good return policy, problem was, their inventory is light and they have been out of them for 6 weeks. So now I have purchased from Amazon because their exchage policy is just as easy. Be aware that the battery does not last overnight as I believe the unit is always in standby mode even when you thought it was off. Nextar is very up front about their problems and issues which you can read about in the support section [...] I hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision. Best bet is to buy all 4 brands from a place you know they can be returned and try them all out for a day to see which one fits your needs.

Accurate, responsive, worth the money.

Just picked one up today, had to drive an older downtown area, worked great. I had to drive under numerous overpasses, then down a street with very tall builidngs and never lost the aquisition signal. Kind of a key feature. Mine had a manufacture sticker of 12/07 so it was pretty much up to date. The POI is very cool, and very accurate. Sound level was good, I could here it in the background while the radio was at low volume. Very clearly spoken. I was just amazed by the fast response. I have seen other units that were quite slow, not this one. For the price I paid, couln't beat it. Was on sale at a local retail chain.



Keyword : nav

No comments: