Thursday, August 28, 2008

SkyCaddie SG2 Golf GPS (Black)

SkyCaddie SG2 Golf GPS (Black)

Good for the price

Purchased through Amazon deal of the day. Works well but sometimes doesn't find satellites. On line service didn't have the best of my county courses.

sky caddie

I was disappointed with the sky caddie. It would turn off after seconds of turning on, all on it's own. My husband was not able to use it, and we had to return it. Upon calling Sky Caddie to try to get the problem resolved, they told us because we didn't purchase it through Sky Caddie directly, there would be a minimum $35 to $100 charge to try to fix it.

SkyCaddie - Good Idea... Bad Execution

I have had my Skycaddie for a few years now. The features are pretty good, but as some reveiers have posted, the quality is NOT that good. Belt clip... I have stopped using it. If you want to test the likelihood of some one actually returning your lost Skycaddie; go ahead and risk using the belt clip. The Web interface is sooooo frustrating. First it is VERY slow. Then you have to take a gamble to see if the web interface will recognize your Skycaddie unit on the first try. To add a course to my unit, I usually count on 45 minutes. I am a savy computer user so don't think "This guy does not know how to use computers". I have many friends that I play golf with and most of them have the Igolf unit. I have yet to borrow one, but they tell me that you can download a hundred courses onto your laptop and load 40 of them onto the unit. Once your subscription ends, you can still use the 100 courses you downloaded. And... I hear that the Igolf automatically detects which golf course you are on and automatically selects it. Not with the SkyCaddie! I just read that another reviewer stated that it takes a long time to acquire the satellites. That is VERY true. I instinctively turn on my unit the moment I enter the parking lot in order to get a single before I tee off.

It's not the Device - It's the Fee That's Agaist My Priniple

SkyCaddie SG2 Golf GPS (Black) If you are already paying $250 to $300 for the device, why should you have to pay a fee just to use it? GPS for cars don't charge a fee. I could understand if this is a one time fee. But after I paid $49 (the cheaper package only gives you courses in ONE state), then I realized that it was only for one year. If you are only playing 30 rounds a year, that comes out to an extra $10+ a round ($259 SG2 + $49 ANNUAL fee). And after that it's still $1.66 a round if you want to renew the membership. It's a rip off when you have to buy the same product over and over again that you already own. I can understand a 50 cent charge for additional courses but this is rediculous. You pay for an MP3 song and it's your forever. Why should this be different. Stop buying this type of RIP-OFFs and perpetuating the greed.

Sky Caddie 3

This GPS unit never worked correctly. It burned up batteries and required constant resets. Sky Golf delayed my demand for a product replacement with software patches and reset recommendations until the limited warranty expired. They then demanded a prior authorization of $30-$100 in repair costs before issuing a return authorization. When the unit was returned a replacement stipulation Sky Golf simply kept the unit and failed to respond.



Keyword : skycaddie

No comments: