Saturday, August 30, 2008

TomTom GO 510 4-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

TomTom GO 510 4-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (Factory Refurbished)

TomTom510

I have purchased three units and am extremely satisfied. You will not get lost using this unit. If you get off track it recalculates immediately. Getting used to the options and controls takes a while to learn but still easy to use. I recommend getting a remote for any gps unit purchased. No touching the screen jut use the remote.

Tom Tom GPS

The item came quickly. It was well packed. And the setup instructions were cear and easy to understand. The functionality and installation are good. There is a learning curve to use all of the units capabilities. Good product.

Not at all satisfied

It freezes more often than it works. I planned a big trip with this unit but didn't work at all. I paid 12$ for 1 day shipping which is waste.

Cool thing...:)

Bought this for $199, has been working well and going everywhere with us since the day we bought it. Easy to use and the battery last about 4 hours in a single charge. Connectin to the satellite is a little slow at first, but after a software update it's not a problem anymore. I am not to crazy about the bluetooth, I have a blue tooth headset that's better....:) Putting extra software is a little tricky because it's a refurbished item and I had to call the tech support because the unit ID in the box is different than the one on the device help menu. I haven't tried the gas price notification update yet, but I am going too. Overall is a great GPS for the price and very user friendly.

TOM TOM GO 510 - This Product Draws Wind - "Su- - -"

I will not deal with the TOM TOM company again because they do not stand behind their products, but leave all complaints in the hands of telephone service people who apparently are not authorized to direct a customer to return a defective unit for a good one. Since day-one we have been unhappy with our TOM TOM GO 510 and am certain we received a bad unit, or lemon. I have tried to get TOM TOM to ship us another unit and all they do is give us the run around. Other writers indicate this device is hard to program and I certainly agree with them on that, especially after getting it to operate at all, appeared to be good for a period of only a few days. The responses to my numerous phone calls have all resulted in my putting off the return and replacement of my defective unit until it is no longer covered by warranty. Just when we manage to recharge the unit with power, refresh its contact with GPS satellites, and update software it works for a limited period, only to behave as though brain dead if we don't use our new HONDA CRV for two or more days in a row. This is unacceptable under any circumstances. The following people have dealt with the TOM TOM support line and not received a reasonable explanation of the difficulty (except to go back to the web site, reload software, and so on): My wife, my computer savvy son, I have, my cousin who is an electrical engineer who is very computer literate. All these individuals have all tried to get the unit up and running with the assistance of Tom Tom over the phone. Be advised to have no dealings with TOM TOM and stear clear of their second rate unsupported products.



Keyword : tomtom

No comments: