Thursday, August 28, 2008

SkyCaddie SG2.5 Golf GPS (Black)

SkyCaddie SG2.5 Golf GPS (Black)

Bill's Review

Have used the Sky Caddie for several weeks and find it really a helpful gadget. If you stay in the fairway, and distace markers are visble, it still helps by avoiding the pacing and estimating normally done. And if you're off the fairway, as we often are, it's invaluable. A great item!

A Must For Serious Golfers

After getting the SkyCaddie SG2.5, dropped at least two strokes off my score. It makes a world of difference knowing your distances vs. just guessing. I can now make a confident swing know that I've selected the correct club for that distance!

SkyCaddie 2.5

Pros: Size, ease of use, shape of green, re-position cursor for distances, automatically changes holes, accuracy of GPS data Cons: Difficulty picking up satellites, annual fee, rechargeable battery instead of double A's (SG3 would be better pick) Skycaddie 2.5 worked fine first day. Next two days, would not lock on satellites and display data. No change to weather or location; perhaps unit was defective - returned for a refund. Customer service was good and refund was relatively prompt.

Good Product...Horrific Customer Service

I like the SkyCaddy SG2.5 GPS rangefinder. I only play a couple of different courses and they are already mapped in the database. I like knowing the prescise yardage to the pin and this is made possible by having the ability to use the cusrsor keys to move the location of the flag placement on the iGreen display. As much as I like the product, I absolutely abhor, hate, loathe and generally dislike the customer service of SkyGolf. I dropped my unit and broke the LCD display. My fault, ok! So let's get it repaired. Call SkyCaddy and get told by the automated attendant that the wait time is on the order of 65 minutes...whoa!! So jump on line and get their on-line customer service chat thing going, and am told that they can't give me an RMA because I need to call in and talk to a person...uh, excuse me, aren't you a person on the other end of the keyboard?? To date, I still don't have my repaired unit back in my hands. Bottom line is: Good product, lousy customer service. If I was going to spend my money again knowing what I know now, I would go with the laser range-finder.

Great Product, but doesn't work with Vista

I already own a Pinseeker -- that decision being based on the horror stories I've read about SkyGolf's customer service, and about using their website. I ran into one of their guys who was mapping a course,and he assured me that many of those issues had been resolved, and that he was in San Diego to upgrade all the courses to 4 stars -- even the exec par-3s. So I gave it a shot. It didn't work out of the box. The unit wouldn't interface with Windows Vista. I switched to Windows XP and setup/download worked flawlessy. I've only used it for four or five rounds so far, and even dropped it once. It's well built, compact, and operation is reliable -- at least as reliable as one can expect from a GPS-based range finder. The Pinseeker is inherently more accurate, but I do find the gps front/back yardage more useful. It's also much more convenient than the Pinseeker. Whereas with the Pinseeker I'd sometimes avoid usage for speed of play, I just have to glance at the SkyCadie on my bag and always have that extra piece of info. I gave it only 4 stars due to the Windows Vista interface issues, otherwise highly recommend it.



Keyword : skycaddie

No comments: