Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Garmin nuvi 205W 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nuvi 205W 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Touchscreen Rocks

Pros: The touchscreen is so cool for viewing Topo maps, its all display...no wasted trim, super fast screen draws, tracklog. 700MB of spare "HDD" space for photos or whatever. Lighter than an eTrex. Photo viewer with zoom and pan. Attach photos to favorites. Organize favorites in folders. Cons: Reading display in sunlight requires massive backlight. Huge buttons that waste display space. Odometer is 15-20% low at walking speeds. Comments: I bought this primarily to view the 24K Topos from Above the Timber. My road warrior needs are limited at best. Since Amazon had yet to stock the 205W, I got it from CC for 2-C-notes. I have a color eTrex and with no backlight its easy to read Topos in full sun. I set the Nuvi display to 0%, it was so dark I couldn't even make out what buttons to press to go back to 10%, had to guess. Never set the backlight below 10% or you'll be sorry. I posted 2 screenshots with hover comments. Hold down the battery icon for 10-seconds to see the diagnostics.

Good value, great product!

I bought the Garmin nuvi 205w after experience and return of two Magellan products for about two weeks, the two Magellans, Maestro 3225 and Roadmate 1412 were buggy and felt cheap compare to Garmin. The Garmin nuvi 205w is just great, responsive, clear maps, extremely quick satellite reception from a cold start, you don't even have to be outside, just standing next to a window will do the trick. Built quality is superb, it feels like a little brick, the PC software to load IPO's is great; you can also look for an address on Google maps and click "send" to load the location to the Garmin. Accuracy in busy NYC streets is amazing, it will recalculate after half a block when you miss a turn, also, on the Henry Hudson Pkwy it will detect if I'm on the main road or the service road, and they are really close to each other. So far I'm very satisfy, easy to use, responsive and does not have anything that I don't need !

Best GPS for the Money

I just received one of these yesterday. It is everything the description says and more. I can't believe the enhancements over more expensive, current Garmins. Do not hesitate. BUY It!



Keyword : nuvi

No comments: