Friday, July 4, 2008

Garmin nüvi 250W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 250W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Very Slow Connection

this product takes forever to connect to a satellite. I am thinking of returning it. It is very unpredictable and if you are in a hurry forget about using it at all.

extremely slow satellite

I owned this product for 6 months and although it usually got me from point A to point B it took forever to get satellite reception, which means you are either driving around lost or have to sit in your car for 5-10 minutes until you get a signal for it to calculate the route. After awhile my receiver stopped holding its charge so I had to constantly keep it plugged in, and my letters doubled on on "D" so I could not type in the letter "T". I exchanged it for the Magellan 1420 and it was MUCH faster, routed my drive immediately, and gave me more routing options such as fewer freeways, and more points of interest.

Patti's GPS

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 250W GPS for my husband and myself because we take a lot of road trips and we needed help navigating unfamiliar cities. Amazon. com made this purchase so easy and affordable and we have already used the GPS several times and are very pleased. We appreciate Amazon.com's quick delivery and ease in ordering on the internet.

Garmin Nuvi 250w buyer beware!!!!!!!!

Garmin nüvi 250W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator I was so happy to get my new garmin but when i opened it i found that it did not work at all. Spent much of my time trying to contact the bogus seller with a bogus e-mail. Now i am trying to get in touch w amazon about this and a lot of good that has done me, not!!!! over $200.00 down the drain. If you buy this and it is DOA your on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never again will i buy anything from amazon!!!

Excellent when you're able to get a satellite signal!

This is a good value for the money. Obviuosly there are units that perform way better according to other reviews, but they cost significantly more. Pros: I love the screen on this unit the image is very clear and sharp. The voice prompt is also excellent - loud and clear. Finding an address is a breeze. I find the favorites and Go Home features particularly very helpful. Cons: Aquiring satellite signal is a major issue with this unit. This is the only reason I find it hard to give a higher rating. I drive almost the same route to and from work everyday and my unit loses and regains satellite signals about 4 or five times on each trip. Sometimes it never regains the signal for the rest of the trip. This could be a major pain if you lose satelite signals on a trip you're not familiar with.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: