Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mio C520 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Mio C520 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Poor routing algorithm

After using the Mio C520 for over 3 months now I truly regret I bought it. the device performs poorly in route calculation choosing the most bizarre routes you would ever imagine. Fortunately also owned a Garmin 200W and the TomTom One. both outperform the Mio in suggesting much faster and more logical routes. THIS IS THE MOST BASIC FUNCTION OF A GPS DEVICE! The bluetooth speakerphone is useless as there's so much background noise. besides, you have to pair the phone each time you turn the Mio on. Overall nice feature/function but poor design, stay away!

Mio C520

I read a lot of product reviews on this and several other brands. If you take them all seriously, most likely you would never buy a GPS. The C520 works just fine and probably equal to all others in its price range. The most difficult thing is in deciding which options you need or want. I choose this model as an upgrade from the C230. I wanted the wide screen. I like the Mio brand because of the unlock and options you can add if you have some computer experience. It now has more games and gizmos than I will ever use. It has always locked onto satellites in less than a minute and never yet lost a signal while traveling. It seems to be accurate within 20 ft. The voice is very robotic and some street names are mispronounced. If you like gadgets then this is a fine choice. For grandma or grandpa that don't use a computer or a cell phone maybe a TomTom would be a better choice. I commute 150 miles a day and my Mio C520 sure helps.

Mio C520

Great product. excellent usability. Works great as blue tooth connector for talking in cellular while driving

Disappointing

I bought the C520 in Jan 2008 and found it to be pretty easy to use, although the interface can be maddening at times. The biggest complaints I have are (1) Re-boots frequently and (2) Maps hopelessly out of date. The re-boots occur when the volume on the text-to-speech is muted - after a while I get really annoyed at the 'GPS babe" announcing that I'll need to turn in 700', 400', 200' etc (it's like having my wife giving me directions!) Oh, then she announces for me to turn left at the next turn - after I've already passed the turn (again, my wife...) The unit will run for a few minutes and then re-boot, not a good thing when you're traveling in traffic and need to know where the next turn will be! The maps are very out-of-date; however, I was willing to pay the $80 to update the software. Unfortunately, after going through the web form on their online store, I was informed that "this merchant does not accept this credit card." I had selected American Express from the drop-down box, but they don't accept Amex??? When I wrote them asking what the problem was, they ignored me for two weeks, and when I wrote again, they indignantly responded that "the problem has been corrected." Well, it hasn't - I wrote to tell them that about a month ago and have never heard back. I don't know what country these guys are in, but when I can afford it, I'm buying something "Made in the U.S.A." - this is a waste of my time.

The Mio C520 is amazing

This GPS unit came ready right out of the box. The first time it was turned on, the colors on the screen were vibrant. The gps oriented itself in just a few seconds. All the nearby streets were identified. This was my first personal gps unit, so ease of use was important and the Mio C520 unit did not let me down. I ordered this unit and received it within five working days, this was important to me since I was traveling from Longview, Tx. to Detriot Mi. a week after ordering. Thanks Amazon. The day after receiving the Mio C520 I typed in the Detriot address and began my trip. It took me right to the address in Detriot. What a stress reliever as I darted through traffic like a local not having to worry about if i'm in the right lane for the next turn. This unit comes with all the bells and whistles, Touch screen,text and speech, Mp3 player, picture viewer blue tooth and a million POI. The point of interest feature was great for finding hotels and restaurants on the trip up to Detrioit. It found a couple of museums and shoping malls in Detriot.



Keyword : tomtom

No comments: