Sunday, July 6, 2008

Magellan Maestro 4050 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan Maestro 4050 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

My 1st add on GPS

My other cars all had intergrated GPS. This is my first "portable". I did not like the mounting hardware supplied with unit, as I did not want it stuck to the windshield. The attached Road condition receiver made a bulky package, but the extra info while traveling made it worthwhile. I love the voice command. After business is complete in down town, "magellam" "go Home" is all that is needed to route me back home!

4050 gets it done

The Magellan Maestro 4050 is the first GPS I have bought. However I have used the Never Lost Hertz rental car GPS on more then one occasion and was looking for a GPS much the same. The 4050 is that unit. It just works and has all the bells and whistles I could want. If it does or doesn't do something I need or want I haven't found it yet. Price wise it's a bucket of bang for the buck. I had to call their support in order to get my free road advisory service and the free extended warranty given to AAA members up and activated. I was unable to accomplish this on line using the CD that comes with the unit or via Magellan's web site. However customer support had me up and running in no time. Great unit, great price and good support. If your thinking upscale GPS this is a good one. BW, Florida ......

Touch screen problems

I got the Magellen GPS at Costco on a whim for $[...] and returned it the next week. I have had a Garmin for years switched to Magellen for the price. I didn't like the menus, they did not seem to be the most intuitive but with practice, you'd get to know them. The real problem is that the touch screen didn't work well. I'd poke and poke and nothing would happen, usually on the keyboard. So I started reading the reviews and saw several comments about how bad the customer service is at Megellan so I switched back to Garmin.

Great GPS

Other than poor documents, this is a great GPS. I had seen some reviews that were not to good so I was a little leary. No problems with my unit what-so-ever. The maps were a little inaccurate until I went online and updated. After update, the maps, points of interest, shopping etc all were terrific and accurate. A real good unit for my money!

Nice GPS...but I think I got a lemon.

Very intuitive GPS system. I really enjoyed it...while I had it. After a week the voice recognition failed and then the GPS started acting goofy. I've since returned this one, but I may give this model a second shake. Another caveat - Magellan customer service never responded to the tech support email I sent them after the VR failed.



Keyword : magellan

No comments: