Wednesday, July 16, 2008

GolfLogix GPS by GARMIN (2007 Model)

GolfLogix GPS by GARMIN (2007 Model)

Disappointed

When I first bought this product, it worked very well. Then I went to the site for updates and that is when things went down hill. I spend 18 holes on a regular basis searching for a damn sattelite. They sent me a new gps, I installed it and loaded the courses, still searching for a sattelite. One of the tech's had the nerve to suggest I cut it on and leave it outside all night! You gotta be kiddin' me. When it's working it is cool, but when it's bad, it's worse. I truly wish I could get my money back, because this is disappointing. I live in Jersey City, NJ and you suggest I leave it outside all night? ROFL, it aint even funny!

disappointing purchase

Unfortunately, the golflogix I purchased was inoperable and I had to have the Garmin company send a new one and return the other one. We were not able to use the golflogix for a father's day golf tournament.

Incredibly Accurate

I've used the GolfLogix now for 4 rounds at 4 different courses. I'm finding that it is quite accurate in the yardage but even more importantly, it shows how far I have to hit it to get over the water, bunker, hazard, etc. Switching to one more/less club can make a huge difference in your score on one hole. I recommend the extra few dollars for a year's access to download courses to the device.

Restock Special

This item was clearly a restocked item. The packaging was not factory packaging and the cables had been hastily rewound and not tied. Batteries were loose inside a zip-lock bag. Never got to use the item. I was never able to get the included software to recognize the unit. That is probably why it was sent back the first time.

Great Value

I've had the Golflogix for about a month now. I play mostly public courses that do not have on cart GPS systems. As such the Golflogix GPS has been invaluable for both myself and my playing partner. I find it accurate, easy to use and easy to load. My only complaint is that it eats batteries. Expect to get maybe 3 or 4 rounds of golf from a fresh set of Duracells. I carry an extra pair in my golf bag. Buy it you'll love it.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: