Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Magellan Maestro 4040 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan Maestro 4040 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

GPS

This product so far as been reasonably acceptable. One small piece broke off of the docking station within the first week of use, but other than that it is working well.

Good when it actually works

I bought this GPS for the bluetooth and street names. If I had it to do over I would buy another brand. It would be nice to be able to change the voice but that's petty. I have bigger reasons for being unhappy with it: - a major local highway extension built almost 2 years ago not on the map. - the unit started having issues with the power adapter, the connection is loose and if the contact isn't perfect I get the message that it is switching to battery power. This blue screen pops up constantly and has gotten so annoying I can no longer use it. - Customer Service is horrible. I contacted them about my problem and got a vague scripted reply telling me to reset the unit. I replied that it didn't help and didn't hear back. A subsequent email still got no response. At this point I'm inclined to toss it in the trash but it would be an expensive loss. I will never buy another Magellan. Buy a Garmin or Tom Tom.

Get you there inefficiently...

We chose this because it's a lot like the one we purchased via Costco but they no longer sell it. The difference with this one is that when we updated the card, it takes us on crazy routes. Round about ways that takes more time rather then "fastest time". Maybe we just need to do another update but I don't have that problem with my other from Costco. But if you don't know where you're going, it'll get you there. Just can't say it will be the most efficient route.

Magellan

Have used the GPS for one trip of around 1,000 miles. In most cases iT was OK. Did get lost in Flagstaff due to road construction and also on one road or street in Las Vegas near the strip. One problem, I have, I probably have an update but it would appear that updates are only available on Windows machines and I have all Apple computers.

Fantastic

This is my second Magellan Maestro. I can't say anything bad about this product. It works extremely well. You will not be disappointed with this.



Keyword : nuvi

No comments: